Need Some tips on beefing up my engine - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 08-11-2012, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Need Some tips on beefing up my engine

Hey everybody, Im Rich and Im new here. I just bought a 07 ZX-10R (I'm not a new rider btw) and I am looking to invest around $5,000 into the motor (over time of course) to beef it up but I don't know where to begin other than a new exhaust system and a power commander and things like that but as far as internal engine work I am totally clueless. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what I can do to squeeze some more pony's and torque out of the motor? and where I can look at some stuff online? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 08-11-2012, 08:11 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

if you want max power for 5K you could get a turbo.

War is about killing people and breaking things. It ain't the olympics. Its not supposed to be fair. Tom Clancy

ialsodontknowwhynewpeoplecantseperatetheirthoghtss owecanreadthemitmakesitunweidlyandannoyingtryingto decipherwhattheyaretryingtosaysoiusuallyjustmoveon atleastyouusedpuncuationthoughsocongratsonthatbutm aybeinthefutureyoucanhelpusalloutbecauseyouoranyon eelsewillgetmorerepliesifyoudontwriteonebigrunonth atsimpossibletoread
post #3 of 14 Old 08-11-2012, 08:28 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

There's this great feature called the "search" button...use it! Do some research of your own, ask some questions based on research...I didn't know shit about zx10's when I got mine, but now, because I did my homework, ive got my motor, mostly out, doing some work on it, and I'll put I back together today.

For 5k, I'd supercharge mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
i could give two shits if you were taking a bubble bath in applesauce being fed grapes by lemurs with electrodes attached to your nipples in the bed of a semi truck, as long as you're not holding up traffic, go for it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 08-11-2012, 11:01 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

head\cams good tune

Tone.R {checkmate}
Do what makes u happy whatever it is.....Roberson Racing
post #5 of 14 Old 08-11-2012, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

@Shift_Nashville- yeah obviously there is a search button but i have not really found any thing that good, hence why i would ask the question.

yeah i agree that a turbo would be nice but Im active duty Army and get paid garbage. I was talking about spending the money on little things over time. I was thinking about getting the heads port & polished, exhaust, power commander... etc stuff like that. dose anyone know of any good webdites where they would sell "bolt on" racing heads and things of that nature?
post #6 of 14 Old 08-11-2012, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

I do beleive I found a pretty good website. zxzone. com and aperaceparts. com. i only browsed it for a few min but it looks like they do major engine work and sell internal engine racing parts.
post #7 of 14 Old 08-12-2012, 03:18 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

valve springs and retainers, get the rev limiter raised, change the cams, deck the head, rods/pistons, port/polish, full exhaust system, velocity stacks, get a reeeeeeeally good tune on the bike.

drop a tooth on the front sprocket, add 2 on the back. put in Rifleman's 1/5 throttle insert.

Also, get brakes. much better brakes. and suspension.
Brembo brakes all around and Ohlins/Racetech or the like for suspension.

then buy a full leather suit, gaunlet gloves, race boots and buy a few track days.

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
post #8 of 14 Old 08-12-2012, 03:19 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

or this
http://www.tobefast.com/velocity-zx1...o-pr-4282.html

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
post #9 of 14 Old 08-12-2012, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Thanks OP. i dont plan on racing at all... Im just one of those guys thats has to have the most badass everything i guess. now what would you think about getting all of the above? the turbo and all the engine parts?
post #10 of 14 Old 08-12-2012, 04:37 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

I think you would be well over your 5k budget, but you could unlock an absurd amount of power because the motor could handle the turbo and such. if you plan to turbo, do not deck the head though. you need to get turbo pistons and such for lower compression. dont need velocity stacks with with a turbo either, or a full exhaust system

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in