Need some exhaust help - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 12-03-2009, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Need some exhaust help

Well I a few weeks back a friend of mine wrecked my bike and I have gotten a new one. I have a full Yoshi RS-3 header that is in good shape but the can is trash. The new bike has a slip on two brothers. I am really wanting to try and do something different and love the look of the "GP" exhaust. Like an 08 style. i was looking at the racefit mega but Just thing I dont want to waste a full set of headers. I am wondering or if I am la la land. Would it be possible to make something like that with my full Yoshi header? I saw that one dude with the 06 did a single sided Muzzy that was short. And if that is not possible is there any way I can mount up a different can other than that two brothers to the yoshi because I really dont care for it? I am pretty capable mechanically and would really like to do something unique. Just need to know if i am going to ShervinRRR my shit? Just joking. Any advice or ideas would be great fellas.

Last edited by KevinF; 12-03-2009 at 10:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

If the can is too long for your liking cut it. I cut 3 inches off mine. It took me about 4 hours and everyone that sees it tells me it looks like it came that way. Make sure you measure and mark everything before you cut though.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-06-2009, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Yea I did that to my yoshi can. I figured out an alternative. Appreciate the idea
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-14-2009, 12:31 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Well pretty much its possible to do anything you want to when it comes to exhauste... There are lots of myths out there about back pressure and the lack thereof damaging your valves and so on and so forth... The actuality of it is that when you design a race exhaust or you come back with a High Performance exhaust, all you are focussed on ia redirecting the heat from the bike, suppressing the sound, and on many levels today, making sure you are burning up all the fuel for emissions... Now I have an 07 so I can speak 06/07's having all titanium tubes from the headers all the way to the cans, so the welding is a bitch with the titanium rods running at $125 a pound... Anyway, if your headers are stainless, you possibilities are endless... If Titanium, is a little more difficult to find someone who will purge your pipes with argon or actually has the stock you need to manufacture your own parts...
post #5 of 5 Old 12-15-2009, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks guys, I actually was able to fit the two brothers exhaust to the full system yoshi headers which sounds pretty good. Its a little long for my taste but I am still running a full system which is nice. The only thing is the slip on is a little loose where it meets the mid pipe and I have a slight exhaust leak I need to fix. Thinking a small clamp should do the trick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in