need repair my brembo MC,help! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 10-19-2007, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

need repair my brembo MC,help!

that's a sad story,i made a red flag on yesterday's race.when the roll stoped,i found the brembo's flip up lever stick in my left boot and my right leg is under my 10r,so i cant get any move at all.

i dont know how a crash can happen like this strange way,but the brembo flip up lever will not flip up indeed!and if the damn lever is not hang on my left boot,i will apart from my bike maybe...

i have not check my bike yet,i just be sent to hospital immediately when the crash happen(i am lucky,only one bone broken of my right shoulder),but i was told my bike have many broken parts , i want to fix my bike step by step,so,my first question is how to repair the brembo mc,because my buddy told me the front brake is still work,just something wrong with that pin showed in the picture,and he said i would fix it by get that brembo crash repair kits maybe,but i have no idea how to get the MC apart and assemble.can anyone show me the construct of the MC and how to install that brembo crash repair kits?

any input will be great appreciate!
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 10-19-2007, 10:27 AM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

The Brembo flip up lever doesn't really flip up unless you crash. This is kinda phony representation of a flip up lever. They are nothing like CRG's flip up levers. You can buy a CRG replacement lever for the Brembo MC and then you have a working flip up.

To install the crash kit you have to first remove the knurled adjuster wheel.

To do this you have to drive out a very small diameter roll pin. I use a very small finsihing nail. Then remove the e-clip and the pivot pin will drop out. You can then rotate the lever and it will spin off the part you are going to replace in the crash repair kit.

You can then install the crash repair kit.

The key to all of this is to drive out that tiny roll pin FIRST and don't drop it or lose it, thats easy to do.

Why Brembo advertises their flip up lever as a flip up lever is beyond me as it is only designed to flip up when you crash.

I have the CRG option on mine and love it.

JJ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Brembo MC with CRG level.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	47735  
post #3 of 13 Old 10-20-2007, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

hi jimmy,sorry for my poor english.
i see my bike today,the brembo MC still works,and without the brake fluid leakage problem at all. the push rod still in great shape also:no broken and no bent, but it just seems apart from the inside of MC.

i think i dont need that brembo crash repair kits maybe,but i really dont know how to connect the push rod inside,do i need to pull that rubber hat off first?if yes, how to do it?I only know how to take the lever totally off from the MC now.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_7778zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	47907  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 10-20-2007, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

sorry for the poor pic
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_7774zzzzz.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	47908  
post #5 of 13 Old 10-20-2007, 11:16 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticbaby View Post
that's a sad story,i made a red flag on yesterday's race.when the roll stoped,i found the brembo's flip up lever stick in my left boot and my right leg is under my 10r,so i cant get any move at all.

i dont know how a crash can happen like this strange way,but the brembo flip up lever will not flip up indeed!and if the damn lever is not hang on my left boot,i will apart from my bike maybe...

i have not check my bike yet,i just be sent to hospital immediately when the crash happen(i am lucky,only one bone broken of my right shoulder),but i was told my bike have many broken parts , i want to fix my bike step by step,so,my first question is how to repair the brembo mc,because my buddy told me the front brake is still work,just something wrong with that pin showed in the picture,and he said i would fix it by get that brembo crash repair kits maybe,but i have no idea how to get the MC apart and assemble.can anyone show me the construct of the MC and how to install that brembo crash repair kits?

any input will be great appreciate!
Sorry to hear about your wreck, I would be more concerned about the whole bike than just a lever though
post #6 of 13 Old 10-20-2007, 11:20 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJam View Post
The Brembo flip up lever doesn't really flip up unless you crash. This is kinda phony representation of a flip up lever. They are nothing like CRG's flip up levers. You can buy a CRG replacement lever for the Brembo MC and then you have a working flip up.

To install the crash kit you have to first remove the knurled adjuster wheel.

To do this you have to drive out a very small diameter roll pin. I use a very small finsihing nail. Then remove the e-clip and the pivot pin will drop out. You can then rotate the lever and it will spin off the part you are going to replace in the crash repair kit.

You can then install the crash repair kit.

The key to all of this is to drive out that tiny roll pin FIRST and don't drop it or lose it, thats easy to do.

Why Brembo advertises their flip up lever as a flip up lever is beyond me as it is only designed to flip up when you crash.

I have the CRG option on mine and love it.

JJ
The CRG lever you have has a remote adjustment on it, right? Also isnt that a $500 lever? I have a Bremebo M/C (with folding lever) and was told that the CRG lever is the only aftermarket lever available for the Brembo M/C. I am thinking about using a Brembo shorty lever.
post #7 of 13 Old 10-20-2007, 11:22 AM

Posting Frequency

Jimmy, where did you get that CRG lever add-on? I need one for my Brembo.
post #8 of 13 Old 10-20-2007, 11:23 AM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by edouble View Post
The CRG lever you have has a remote adjustment on it, right? Also isnt that a $500 lever? I have a Bremebo M/C (with folding lever) and was told that the CRG lever is the only aftermarket lever available for the Brembo M/C. I am thinking about using a Brembo shorty lever.
Hardracing.com sells the cast MC w/ flip-up lever for $309. Some places less I think. Just kinda rare.
post #9 of 13 Old 10-20-2007, 11:34 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

he trying to figure out how to take the lever off and then get to the rubber boot on the m/c. i remember someone ask the same question a long time ago and someone knew how to do it. i forgot.
post #10 of 13 Old 10-20-2007, 12:05 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideMachine View Post
Hardracing.com sells the cast MC w/ flip-up lever for $309. Some places less I think. Just kinda rare.
I have the m/c with flip up lever - payed $310. I was asking about the CRG lever though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in