LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 03-12-2005, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to crispin
My first How to - El Diablo Style

My El- Diablo Style Write Up

Hello Everyone.

I thought I would contribute to today by showing what basic low dollar modifications are available for the 10.

Now these modifications were done to an 05 but similar modifications may be possible with the earlier style 04 models.

I have done 2 rather important and needed changes.

Now I will say that I did not do as many step by step pictures as El Diablo does but I think you will have a full understanding.

Now the first modification we will go into is the “no dollar” flush mount blinker mod.

I performed mine in the dealer parking lot. You may prefer a more suiting area such as a garage or living room.

This mod is rather easy as it does not require any tools. What you gotta do is take a good strong grip onto either of the rather stupid and large blinkers and pull sharply while twisting. This will release the hold that the DOT POS has onto the otherwise beautiful 10.

Now there is some type of connector on the wire connecting the blinkers to the harness.

I suppose you could use a small screwdriver or something to release the connector but I felt that was an unnecessary step.

I found that another tug releases the wires from the harness.

Repeat for the other side and Wa La!!!!!!!!!! Here are your factory flush mounts. They don’t flash like them expensive ones but they work just fine for me. As long as those huge ugly stalks are gone I am happy.

Here is the one and only picture. I feel if a picture is worth a 1000 words then what the hell do I need 10 picture here for???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blinker small.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	2347  

ya ya ya...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-12-2005, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to crispin
Tail Tidy - No $00.00 - free - Nada - nothing

The second modification does require a limit amount of tools. I choose to do this mod in my garage. Needed was a 10 mm socket, extension, and ratchet

Pull off the factory passenger seat. You will see 4 nuts – remove them with the 10 mm and the 20 lb mud flap will drop to the rear tire. There are 3 wire connectors connecting it to the harness. Since I had already gotten the tool box out I used a small flat head to release the connectors. If you didn’t have a small screwdriver you could try a chainsaw, knife, or just plain cursing at it!!!

So now where to mount the plate. Normally I would screw it to the battery tray and bend it down a bit.

But I am running the paper temp tag. Hmmm… I got it. I went inside and grabbed a glue stick from my sons art supplies.

A little glue on the back of the plate and BAM!!!

The tidest tail you can have.

Both of these mods took under ½ hour total, cost $0, and helped the look of the bike 10X

Seriously the factory blinkers and mud flap are hideous. They ruin the bike.

I couldn’t ride 5 miles with that crap on the bike.

And there you go.

Just as good as an El Diablo write-up.

If you all want I can do the whole how to section. I gots lots more skills I'd like to show yall
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tag.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	2348  

ya ya ya...
post #3 of 4 Old 03-12-2005, 10:11 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to gladding24
Awesome Coonass engineering writeup Crispin!

Stop Whining!!!
It ain't easy being Green ~ Kermit The Frog
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.....Even if you win...you are still retarded

CaliSuperbikes- "these are high strung machines, and we're giving them a constant dose of Red Bull"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-12-2005, 11:29 PM
OG Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to stunnerific_harry
oh yeah i forgot you bought a new one

Kip: Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
Pedro: Yes. I don't understand... they say you're not allowed to have pinatas that look like real people, but in Mexico, we do it all the time.
Pedro: Vote for me, and all your wildest dreams will come true.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in