Mounting helmetcam - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 01-02-2005, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Mounting helmetcam

Ok... I'm looking for a spot to mount my helmetcam on my bike so that no one can see it very well but also takes good video shots... any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-03-2005, 12:46 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zygoat
Ok... I'm looking for a spot to mount my helmetcam on my bike so that no one can see it very well but also takes good video shots... any suggestions?
On my zx9 I use to put it on the fairing cross bar. The zx does not have one. I have been thinking about the same thing so now I am leaning towards the helmet... like it was designed to do...but not to be a smart ass but it might be are best option right now.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-03-2005, 06:36 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to crispin
I want a camera for the Gap Rally this year.

I like the location when it is mounted down on the swingare as it is out of the way but I don't think it gets the good shots there.

Seems to me that a gas cap mount would be the only way to go but I dont like it there.

I think I will end up with one there, however.

ya ya ya...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-03-2005, 08:45 AM

Posting Frequency

post #5 of 6 Old 01-03-2005, 11:27 AM
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

I like the helmet cam videos best. They're not as stabile but give a better picture of what the rider is experiencing during the ride. my $0.02
post #6 of 6 Old 01-03-2005, 12:23 PM

Posting Frequency

Videos attached to the helmet suck, as you cannot gauge lean angle since your head is normally parallel to the pavement.
I've mounted mine by making a C shaped clamp out of aluminum bar and put it under the sterring stem nut and looking through the windscreen. I used cheap aluminum and it vibrated a tad and you have to bend the clamp to ensure you have the right angle.
I've also attached it to a passenger peg bracket (remove peg on left side of bike)...this is great if you want to video your friends behind you!
I then bought the tank mount (a cheap ebay one) it works great but doesnt like wheelies (moves the camera angle if you dont set the bike down gently) The video was great except I forgot that using my camera directly means I needed to adjust the zoom...so the video looked like crap (my fault).
I like my helmetcamera.com once since it will hopefully keep the camera protected in teh event of an off, but I'm unsure it it will fit into the trunk on the 10, especially with the power commander already there. So if you are going to keep it in a fanny pack, then just get the cap mount tank mount one.

I will play with video making more next year and let you all know where I decide to mount the camera. I did talk to one guy who used his front fender to mount the camera. He used the top bolt hole and placed some sort of clamp with a nut there and routed the cables up the forks...it was awesome, but i would be worried if that vibrated loose and something for in between my wheel what would happen to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in