Question More reverse rotating rotors coverage

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Articl...ID=3207&Page=1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 04-23-2006, 06:11 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

New to me- very interesting.

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

Snow machines create snow on ski slopes. Just sayin'
post #3 of 34 Old 04-23-2006, 06:22 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to smalls23
good find . . . wonder how much it weights, and how well it works....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 Old 04-23-2006, 06:37 PM

Posting Frequency

Very interesting stuff. This kind of technological advancement is what motorcycling needs. How many tankslapper fatalities will this invention prevent in the future, I'm all for a safer bike.
post #5 of 34 Old 04-23-2006, 06:47 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Then you need a bike with ABS.

I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box.
post #6 of 34 Old 04-23-2006, 06:49 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10Miami
New to me- very interesting.

Believe it will be years away....counter steering is the basis or the holly grail for 2 wheels to go fast around a corner and you learn that from the first time anyone learns to ride a bicycle fast or motorcycle and now it is going to control it somehow with this device if so it seems you may have to re-learn everything you know already. Seems to me the best way to get faster is what all the racing organizations concentrate already on...better suspension/brakes/gearing/ etc.....but messing with the laws of physics on the race track now or road. ...so, yeah..should be interesting.
post #7 of 34 Old 04-23-2006, 10:38 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendosaki
... I'm all for a safer bike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1killer1liter
Then you need a bike with ABS.
That's kinda harsh. You're implying that he needs it because he doesn't kow what he's doing. ABS takes over in panic situations, compensating for untalented riders. Hence greater safety in "most" cases, at the expense of real control, prefered by experienced riders.

On the other hand, RRRotors simply create the effect of an ultralight wheel, and remove the cause of tankslappers, as opposed to the "band-aid" approach of a steering damper.

If it works as claimed, this is actually a Good kind of safety. Not like HP limits (shudder) that give a false sense of safety to legislators and ill-informed parents.

Thou Shalt Respect Thy 10, And Revel In It's Power, For It Is Good, And Plentiful.

Last edited by lenshead; 04-23-2006 at 10:42 PM.
post #8 of 34 Old 04-23-2006, 11:26 PM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenshead
That's kinda harsh. You're implying that he needs it because he doesn't kow what he's doing. ABS takes over in panic situations, compensating for untalented riders. Hence greater safety in "most" cases, at the expense of real control, prefered by experienced riders.

Amen brother! To imply that one would need something like this because he doesn't know how to ride would be a mistake. 44 Years I've been on planet earth, 30 of those riding bikes, and not one mishap on the street, never laid a bike down, and I ride to work everyday. Raced in the Pro class SRAC motocross in the 80's, which taught me tons in how to control a motorcycle, so I don't need ABS, nor do I want it, BUT I do embrace technology that makes for a better handling motorcycle.
post #9 of 34 Old 04-24-2006, 12:21 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

You have never laid a bike down because you don't ride hard enough. I want to know where my limits are and there is only one way to find out. Keep riding like you're 80 and you will be ok.

I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box.
post #10 of 34 Old 04-24-2006, 02:19 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

There are 2 groups of riders...Those that HAVE crashed and those that are GOING to.....

If you're not living on the edge, your taking up too much space!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in