Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

More goodies ordered today!!!!

928 views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  zx10ragentblack 
#1 ·

I am making the brackets for these parts. I am also installing needle bearings on the shift and brake pedals. I just finished up a set like this of an 02 R6....Butter, I tell ya! Soooo much better than stock. It will cost me $10 in bearings and about a day and a half of machining.

I will post up finished pics when they are completed!!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
that is hardcore!!!they look sleek and sturdy...needle bearings are icing...i was just talking with my stepdad about bearings etc....i like machined parts!!!...
i would think needle bearings would be better able to withstand "foot inputs" changing gears...not that ball bearing isnt enough, but "needle" bearings i would think would be less distorted, less bearing race impaction/distortion, after xxx amount of miles...
they will surely be butta... maybe you can shove that day and a half of machining into one major pull and try them out tomorrow!!!...right on!!!..:thumbsup:

#5 ·
Rick...I will get some pics of the R6 as soon as I can. I also make a custom billet top triple clamp for that as well....We are currently rebuilding the motor so once everything is finished, I will try to get some pics before the bike leaves for the track. If not, I will get some pics after he comes back from the track.

Latdrop....I would LOVE to do that, but I wont get the ordered parts til prolly Monday! I hope to have everything back together by Tuesday, Wednesday the latest. If the weather cooperates, I will ride Wednesday night. I will let ya know how they work. I have done several set now with needle bearings and they are awesome.

#8 ·
those are some sweet pedals!!

#9 ·
I am hopefully only going to move the pegs 1/2" back and 1/2 inch up....But it's really hard to get a good dimension where the stock peg is at!

I will let you know when they are done. I am thinking about getting them powdercoated flat black, like the frame....Or just clear coating them and leave them with a satin bead blast finish....

What say you guys??????

#10 ·
mach_man_187 said:
I am hopefully only going to move the pegs 1/2" back and 1/2 inch up....But it's really hard to get a good dimension where the stock peg is at!

I will let you know when they are done. I am thinking about getting them powdercoated flat black, like the frame....Or just clear coating them and leave them with a satin bead blast finish....

What say you guys??????
just a ******* idea... to get the stock peg location, remove the rearsets and then trace them out on paper. After tracing you should be able to get a pretty close point within the trace of where the peg is. Measure the peg center to the mounting bolt whole centers, and make your adjustments from there.

#11 ·
Miykl, I modeled up the stock rear sets....The peg is the flip up style. No real way to measure the center of the peg....I eye balled the center of the pin that runs through the foot peg, so that should be close enough!!!!!!

If not, I can always make another bracket! That way, I have a starting point and I can move them esactly where I want them......

#16 ·
Yea, sometimes it is really nice to have the capabilities to make stuff like this, but sometimes it is a pain in the a$$.....People wnat stuff made, but they don't want to pay. They think that this stuff is easy to do or something.

I also make some parts for a local bike builder. He is pretty cool though.

Over the winter I am going to work on a totally different design for the shift pedal assembly. Something I want to try but have never seen before. So, we'll see how good my engineering and machining skills are then!!!!

#17 ·
Okay...The brackets are done...Just waiting now for the rest of the components....

Shift Bracket

Brake Bracket

I am going to get these powder coated flat black once I make sure everything is where I want it....

I also have to drill and tap the bottom of the brackets for the mounting of the shift and brake lever....Just wanted to be 100% sure of the thread size before I toss 3 days worth of work!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.