which mod is better ? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 03-31-2006, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 269
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
 
which mod is better ?

i have the akra slip ons on my 06 zx10r ... im debating what to do next ... i heard the 520 conversion w/ afam sprockets is worth every single penny ... should i do the 520 or the PC ??
06kawigreen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 27 Old 03-31-2006, 08:39 PM
Green Hippie
 
treyzx10r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: orlando fl
Posts: 17,566
Posting Frequency
Images: 10
           
PCIII

VAE VICTUS!

RIP James R Patterson 6/3/30-5/26/09
treyzx10r is offline  
post #3 of 27 Old 03-31-2006, 08:39 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 804
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06kawigreen
i have the akra slip ons on my 06 zx10r ... im debating what to do next ... i heard the 520 conversion w/ afam sprockets is worth every single penny ... should i do the 520 or the PC ??

How much did you pay for your slip ons?
TX06'10r is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 27 Old 03-31-2006, 10:46 PM
GP Rider
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: santa cruz , ca
Posts: 1,177
Posting Frequency
 
if the pcIII makes as big a difference on an 06 like it does on my 04 then i say pc for sure...look around, i just saw a post about just that in the main section, i think...i'm damn useless at linking, or directing you digitally, sorry...good luck...
latdrop is offline  
post #5 of 27 Old 03-31-2006, 11:00 PM
Bloo Moderator
 
bluedevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SAC,CA
Posts: 23,742
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06kawigreen
i have the akra slip ons on my 06 zx10r ... im debating what to do next ... i heard the 520 conversion w/ afam sprockets is worth every single penny ... should i do the 520 or the PC ??
with a slip-on...I go the 520 route...the 520 is solid...I know alot of riders here fear the break down because the 10 is so powerfull but if I can do over 40 dragstrip runs and it shows little wear and competitive then I would go that route. Also , when I did my dyno at a major test and tune here in Sacramento they said with my numbers and how smooth my curverd looked on the dyno I won't gain much by adding a PCIII...if you bought a full system..then hell ya..get it...just don't think you need one at this point.
bluedevil is offline  
post #6 of 27 Old 03-31-2006, 11:21 PM
GP Rider
 
kneedragger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,610
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
  
Anything that drops weight = HPs go that route or if your bike is running bad then I guess do the PCIII.
kneedragger is offline  
post #7 of 27 Old 03-31-2006, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 269
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil
with a slip-on...I go the 520 route...the 520 is solid...I know alot of riders here fear the break down because the 10 is so powerfull but if I can do over 40 dragstrip runs and it shows little wear and competitive then I would go that route. Also , when I did my dyno at a major test and tune here in Sacramento they said with my numbers and how smooth my curverd looked on the dyno I won't gain much by adding a PCIII...if you bought a full system..then hell ya..get it...just don't think you need one at this point.
thats what i was thinking ... if i did have the full system then PCIII for sure. but slip ons are not as tunable as the full system.
06kawigreen is offline  
post #8 of 27 Old 03-31-2006, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 269
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX06'10r
How much did you pay for your slip ons?
900 flat with tax and shipping
06kawigreen is offline  
post #9 of 27 Old 03-31-2006, 11:55 PM
Bloo Moderator
 
bluedevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SAC,CA
Posts: 23,742
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06kawigreen
thats what i was thinking ... if i did have the full system then PCIII for sure. but slip ons are not as tunable as the full system.
and to add my bike has beaten full system 10r bikes....you already have the Hp..the 520 wont hurt either.
bluedevil is offline  
post #10 of 27 Old 03-31-2006, 11:57 PM
Bloo Moderator
 
bluedevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SAC,CA
Posts: 23,742
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil
and to add my bike has beaten full system 10r bikes....you already have the Hp..the 520 wont hurt either.
Edit: and PCIII systems along with full systems...missed that
bluedevil is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
04/05 ZX10R Rear suspension mod wstaab Performance and Tech 106 01-19-2015 08:52 AM
List your favorite mod for your 10 BornSinner The ZX-10R 76 04-11-2006 05:29 AM
Kleen Air removal mod and re-routing crankcase vent...Revisted Wicked Webby ZX-12R Discussion 3 03-20-2006 04:22 PM
10R suspension ratio mod chicozx10 Performance and Tech 11 07-18-2005 07:39 AM
10r suspension mod chicozx10 The ZX-10R 3 05-13-2005 03:59 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome