Metzeler Sportec M5 Interact feedback please - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 03-27-2013, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Metzeler Sportec M5 Interact feedback please

Hey guys, I'm nearing the end of the life span on my my rear Michelin Road 2 and have heard that the M5's can get as much as 5k miles, even on a ZX14. Admittedly I don't have the opportunity to scrape the edges on my normal spririted runs but want good performance in both grip and tread life. I tend to unintentionally block my rears well before the edges are worn due to too many straight line blasts and dirtbike like right foot and laying on the rear brake too strong. So, what are your experiences with Metzeler Sportec M5 Interacts? Can I really get 5k plus miles out of a set? Performance and grip good?
I must say, I have been quite pleased with my 2ct front and Road 2 rear. I have approx 3k on the rear and its just now getting close to the wear bars. The front however has 5k and looks great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-27-2013, 02:57 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I currently have Q2s on and if I don't get another set of scrubs I will be running the PP3s when its time to change.
post #3 of 9 Old 03-29-2013, 04:10 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks Dude, anyone out there with long term experience with the M5's??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 05-03-2013, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Just replaced the rear with another Road 2. When this rear and my old front wear out I may try the M5's.
post #5 of 9 Old 05-03-2013, 12:25 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to Bayboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by phasterthanyou View Post
Just replaced the rear with another Road 2. When this rear and my old front wear out I may try the M5's.

I just grabbed a set of Road 2's. What are your impressions of them, how many miles did you get out of them?

YES, I KNOW YOUR BIKE IS FAST............ BUT IS IT FAST WITH YOU ON IT!!!!
post #6 of 9 Old 05-04-2013, 06:01 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayboy View Post
I just grabbed a set of Road 2's. What are your impressions of them, how many miles did you get out of them?
I run a std 2ct front with the Road 2 rear. I'm on my 2nd Road 2 rear and initially ate up a 2ct rear before them, all the while with the same 2ct front that I installed with the 2ct rear. I would guess I have approx 5k on the 2ct front now, and almost halfway to the wear bars in the center. I got about 3500 miles out of the last Road 2 rear, and probably could have squeezed up to 500 more if I didn't pick up a chunk of glass that created a slow leak. I expect the used 2ct front to last about the same time as the new rear Road 2. Problem is, I am way too heavy on the right wrist shooting out of corners and on straights which tends to block the rear, coupled with my right foot being too heavy on the rear brake... I guess that's a habit that carries over from riding dirt. Performance is awesome, just took her out for a relaxed ride to break in the new rear. Turns quick, almost like I installed both front and rear, grip is great at lean, and really good straight up. I can't tell the difference between a 2ct and Road 2, except for the more than double lifespan. I would only get about 1500 from the Pures & 2ct rears. I just can't help myself from blasting out of corners or on straights and braking too late sometimes. I'm going to make a conscience effort to roll on slow in first and out of corners and use less rear brake to see if I can get some more miles from the rear. Everyone says they get 5k or more from the Road 2 rears. Maybe you will too.
post #7 of 9 Old 05-04-2013, 01:41 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to Bayboy
Wow...... They actually have curves in FL? Who woulda thunk it.

YES, I KNOW YOUR BIKE IS FAST............ BUT IS IT FAST WITH YOU ON IT!!!!
post #8 of 9 Old 05-05-2013, 03:01 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Had Metzler M5s on my 08 Speed Triple, good tyre, rode in rain and sun commuting and fanging it, a little heavy in tip in compared to the Pirelli Rosso Corsa i use now, but very stable and great feedback, wear rate is very good, got over 8000kms on the Triple.
post #9 of 9 Old 05-05-2013, 04:52 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayboy View Post
Wow...... They actually have curves in FL? Who woulda thunk it.
Hahaha, where I live there are some awesome roads (relatively speaking). At least I can ride year round, so it's a fair trade off. Mostly fast sweepers that let you get at about 3/4 lean. All the straight droning probably doesn't help the squaring off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in