Maxton Shocks uk - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 07-28-2005, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Question Maxton Shocks uk

Hi all
Thinking of buying a rear shock and having the front reworked i have had a ohlins unit on my previous bike and i know how much difference it made to a sp1 (rc51), however this may be more of a question for U.K. riders but has anyone got any feedback on Maxton? This will be for mostly uk road riding
Cheers Adssp1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-28-2005, 04:17 PM

Posting Frequency

hi I've used maxton on a TLS and an R1. On the TL I had maxton front and rear
and it made all the differance excelent kit the only problen I had on the TL was adjusting the comp damping as I had to drop the shock and use a tiny allen key to adjust it then refit it. but it made all the differance infact it transformed the handling and feedback.
On the R1 I all had an Ohlins rear shock which I had resprung and also had the front forks revalved to very good effect I belive in having both ends done to keep them working in harmony. As far as work goes they are spot on their shocks are good if a little fiddley to adjust the rebound adjuster on the new rear shock seems awkward to adjust. the only problen I've come across is you can never get to talk to them easily I had to wait two weeks for a reply to an enquiery on my ten. also spec for spec I can get an Ohlins for less money.and it's for these two reasons I've decided to get a Ohlins rear shock and have the front revalved and resprung by K-tec Well H&M racing in orpington the local k-tec service center I can call them any time and get a reply and help and they'll do a ride in ride out service on the forks as long as you pre book. other than that Maxton are one of the best out there. www.esling.btinternet.co.uk/maxton/ www.hmracing.co.uk I'm afraid the K-tech web site is down hope this helps.ps I've covered it in an earlier thread in performance and tec but fitting a suspension rocker from a zx6rr (04) makes a differance both on and off track, glad I did
post #3 of 4 Old 07-28-2005, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Cheers Chico,
For the info ,its a small world hmracing is the place i had my sp1 done with the same spec as your r1, but ive now moved so looking round this area and maxton is close,just shopping round for prices about 1200 for ohlins and about 900 maxton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-28-2005, 05:17 PM

Posting Frequency

yea lot of money either way. maxton quoted me 998 inc vat. I can get an Ohlins for trade but the k-tech revalve is 400 which works out the same as mxton overall. you won't be dissapointed with maxton they are good. by the way contacted kais suspension and wasn't impressed by their advice. stick either to k-tech or maxton up there.cheapest ain't always best maxton are good vfm and been around a long time, their kit comes with a base setting and you rarley need to adjust too much,just set up the ride height. I like to fk around with things a lot though I like every thing just so for me every thing has to be tweeked especially the other halfs nipples speaking of which goodnight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in