Gen 5: 2016- Lurching while cruising - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 06-25-2019, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Lurching while cruising

I have been using Woolich autotune on my bike and recently I've noticed that my bike cant really cruise anymore in first or 2nd it's just constantly accelerating. When I am able to get it to cruise it tends to chop or stutter at certain RPM ranges. I've checked the ETV mappings at those rpms and throttle positions and there isnt a big gap ot jump so I'm kind of at a loss as to what may be going on. I just noticed this start last week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-25-2019, 10:10 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Any chance you ran leaded race gas?
post #3 of 6 Old 06-26-2019, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Soooo, I'm dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by palomartian View Post
Any chance you ran leaded race gas?
Definitely had plain ol' 91 octane, but I found the problem last night. Turns out the woolich auto tune being updated for the IAP mappings had some oddities. Between certain RPM ranges the mapping was going from very low fuel to almost double the amount at the next RPM band, (6000rpm was at 314 and 7000 was at 600+). Which was one of the areas I noticed the lurching. I also knew the lurching was only happening on low throttle position which is why i checked the IAP mappings. Another symptom I was having was an ever growing accelerating at low throttle positioning. I couldn't really cruise at a desired speed I would continually pick up speed in a lot of cases. I revered the IAP map back to stock, and will start tuning the IAP map again, but this time be much more cautious as I apply map changes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 06-30-2019, 04:22 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Lemme know if you figure out the hunting idle while you're in the IAP map. :)
post #5 of 6 Old 07-03-2019, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Here is the way i am doing it on another bike, the rider like you wants a low idle RPM so i set it to 1200RPM at idle.
on ignition map, I set his idle Ignition 1 degree higher, on .6 over 1000,1200 and 1400 RPM
IAP map, I change 24 through 18 over 1000 through 1400 RPM for richer fuel its between 400-500 ,you need to do this manually. then bring the Engine data up and look at A/F should be around 11-12 , you may need to add or deduct fuel for the exhaust you are running.
I can definitely second this post!

We tried to account for the idle dip at first by raising idle RPM, we did that up to 1600 rpm and it didn't resolve it. You could tell from the "idle-hunting" as well that something was off. The short M4 pipe and stock ignition/IAP setting below 1600 rpm did not get along even when the fueling was spot on.

^the above was on another forum, I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like it could be a good start for fixing that idle. I know my bike is always hunting for idle so I'm going to give this a shot this weekend, I have a dyno pull on Friday so i don't want to mess with it before then.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-09-2019, 10:36 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Courtesy of Woolich tech support:

"usually the hunting on the ZX10R is cured by adding a few degrees of ignition advance to the idle area in the neutral map.

Either that or it is too rich in the IAP map in the idle area."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in