lowerd - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 11-28-2009, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

lowerd

does anyone hav pics of there bike lowerd and how does it handle on the streets i think the front of my gen1 is kinda high or is it just me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 11-28-2009, 05:17 PM
ZX-10R enthusiast

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost1 View Post
does anyone hav pics of there bike lowerd and how does it handle on the streets i think the front of my gen1 is kinda high or is it just me
It handles like shit, don't do it.

Strictly for my Ninjas
https://www.instagram.com/mistr.123/
Current Ride: 2016 ZX-10R ABS (under construction)
Former Ride: 2011 ZX-10R ABS
17/41, Woolich Racing Tuned ECU and QS, Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert, CL XBK5 pads, Yosh case sliders, Mivv Carbon w/ Ti Akra link
post #3 of 25 Old 12-04-2009, 02:05 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

There's a little lag in the lean but I still ride on the streets fine. Feels like it comes down a little harder from wheelies though, back is slammed like 3" and forks are raised through the triple tree about 1.5".

In the pic, the front is dropped something like 3" though, just to see what it would look like, not too different but not as drastic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00096-20091120-2354.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	117854  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 12-04-2009, 02:17 AM
Dont mess wit White Ninja

Posting Frequency

^^^Kiss corners good bye and it will handle like shit....^^^we know why you dropped yours from the picture...But thats what we call being height challenged

post #5 of 25 Old 12-04-2009, 02:35 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by abprep07 View Post
^^^Kiss corners good bye and it will handle like shit....^^^we know why you dropped yours from the picture...But thats what we call being height challenged
Too bad that's not me in the picture. I'm 6', 195 lbs, and I dropped it because I wanted to drop it. And if you are worried about cornering that much then dropping isn't even a question. I still roll down the highway at 100+ when I want to get on it and the highways around me don't have enough hardcore twists to screw with me. I'm not one of those guys that goes 140+ non-stop through twists and turns, I'm 20 years old and almost out of college. What a waste of tuition money that would be if I went down being dumb...
post #6 of 25 Old 12-04-2009, 03:51 AM

Posting Frequency

POOR NINJA.......... why would anybody do this to his bike ? except for 1/4 race, this is proven nonsense... you can't corner shit with this . yes straight ahead you can do 100 + but i am doing corners at 120 + ....... nah thanks.
if you re a smaller person and your front end feels loose, what you do is simple, you put a 1 or a 2 mm shim under your rear shock (yes lift the rear, never lower the front) i tell you it's a different bike, we had to do this for my buddy same bike than me but he is 165 and i am 185 cms......... i had a perfect feeling for the front end he was grey and white after each corner as the front end didn't feel right we modified it with a 2 mm shim and he was fine...

further if your front end is feeling high or loose before you do the shim, GET YOUR DAMN PRELOAD right....... most people have no idea what this does to a bike, there are plenty of sites which explain you how to correctly adjust this, (and no you can't look it up in the kawa users manual...), it needs 1 hour of work and a buddy to get it right for your weight etc. but it changes the feeling for the front end completely, and in general if you think it's too high, loose open the preload make it softer not harder........ most bikes out there are too hard anyway.... and if you are at it, get your rear preload also right.........
post #7 of 25 Old 12-04-2009, 03:59 AM
Dont mess wit White Ninja

Posting Frequency

I agree with you man, most dont know how to adjust/sag at all...I see it all the time

You don't need to go 140mph+ to hit a corner...I like 2nd gear 25-50mph corners with long sweepers coming out where you can flick into 3rd and maybe 4th...Of course being respectable of the law LOL....

hs1113
I'm 20 years old and almost out of college. What a waste of tuition money that would be if I went down being dumb...

^^^What does being 20 years old have to do with anything. I mean hats off to you for saying you don't ride like a asshole. But I'm in the same ball park as you and I lay my bitch down where the pucks are on the ground...If anything you need to get out there and ride, seat time my friend will make you bring that bike back up from being dropped....I say in less your at the strip every weekend with your 10 then its pointless and your afraid of the power on top of the wheel coming up....Not trying to preach just get some more seat time and you will bring her back up

post #8 of 25 Old 12-04-2009, 04:59 AM
All show and all go 10r

Posting Frequency

ya i never really understood the whole lowering thing with sportbikes other than drag. But then again aren't you just suppose to use straps?
post #9 of 25 Old 12-04-2009, 06:45 AM
GEN II Driver

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
it handles like shit, don't do it.

MDCCLXXV
post #10 of 25 Old 12-04-2009, 07:09 AM

Posting Frequency

yes just a bit south of nigeria, and yes its great, big open country 2 lane roads, no radars, and plenty of corners up and down........ it's a great country for speed bikes,
i run a full race exhaust and most of my parts on the bike are not street legal anywhere else but here, the police, if they stop you just want to admire your bike and hear the noise..........lol we got about 20 or 30 bikers in douala (where i live) and it's great. good corners, nice grippy asphalt and 12 months a year we got 25 + degrees celsius.........
if you want check out the pics on hi5
http://hi5.com/friend/profile/displa...erid=235345399

thats me and my buddy on our old bikes gsxr1000, just got the ninja 2 months ago.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in