Look what GALFER did for me! (pix to follow) - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 Old 08-23-2008, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Look what GALFER did for me! (pix to follow)

A few weeks ago I documented in a different thread the problems I was having with some Goodridge "Superbike lines" I had bought for my 08. They were way to short to route properly in front of the fork tubes as designed.

I had numerous email exchanges with Goodridge where they later admitted the kit was designed with lines to short.

As it turns out, Goodridge weren't willing to do anything about it and eventually told me that were just to busy dealing with NASCAR right now to worry with it and just return them. Thats pretty lame.

Another member on this forum posted he was having the same problems with the same Goodridge lines. To short.

So Wednesday I had this bright idea of trying GALFERS version of Goodridges kit which is a 3 line kit that routes in front of the fork tubes and looks bitchin.

I called Hard Racing Wednesday and asked them to get me a set dropped shipped over night so I would have them by the weekend to instal. The lines showed up on Thursday, cant beat that.

The kits part# on Galfers website lists the GP kit as fitting the 2006-2008 models. That worried me when I saw that as it is my opinion the forks are longer on the 08 and what fits perfect on the 06 may not on the 08.

Sure enough the lines were a perfect fit on the 06 (in a mock up installation) and although close, they were to short for my comfort on the 08.

AAAARRRGGGGGHH. Why is this always the case?

So I emailed Sergio at Galfer and shortly thereafter got a reply from one of the owners Sandro Milesi.

I asked them if they actually tried these lines on a 08 or did they just assume they would fit the 08?

Galfer's reply;

Dear Ken,

First of all, I must apologize, this is one of those cases we simply failed to match our internal data and follow the already set procedures.

To generate a new part number we follow these steps and some others,

-Bring the bike to Galfer
-Take pics of the OEM System
-Get the microfiche files on the OEM drawing
-Install new Galfer kit
-Tested
-If approved we take pictures, generate DXF drawing and if needed we make instructions
-Generate part number and have it approved by myself

I try to run a very tight ship and one that prides it self to be very organized. In this case, we did generate a new 2008 REAR brake line part number and also indicated INTERNALLY that our GP line kit (I just looked at our drawings) were to be used on 06-07 since we did not test fit that kit on an 08.

Next thing our brake line tech knows (has been with Galfer for over 6 years) is that someone in the sales dept. decided to list the 2007 and 2008 as the same kit.

As you stated this is not professional and shows lack of commitment to quality and service. This is exactly what I wish we never did at Galfer.

I have asked for a 2008 ZX10 to be test fitted no later than tomorrow end of day and we will by end of day tomorrow have a new front GP brake line kit done for your application. Our brake line tech is already on his way to get a new bike as we speak.

Please if I could ask, hold on the return since we will exchange the 07 kit you have with the correct part.

I sincerely apologize for the lack of professionalism, again we strive to offer all our customers exactly the opposite you have experienced. I will make sure that the new lines come with a free set of brake pads as well as a bottle of brake fluid to bleed the new kit. We will also include a call tag for you to send the hoses back at no charge.

Just so you also know, we are so committed to our brake lines fitting correctly that we even bring bikes back after a few years to make sure that the kits we are providing are the best we can provide with the new parts we have on hand, specially since every year we design new parts and some times part numbers get completely revamped.

Please let us know your shipping address, and the color you'd like the brake banjos to be made, red, blue or black as well as the hose color you'd like to choose.

Sincerely,

Sandro Milesi
VP,Galfer USA Div

The last email I got from Sandro a few hours ago was that they went Thursday somewhere, got an 08 ZX10 and brought it back to their shop and a new kit just for the 08 was completed Thursday night and would be shiped Friday Next Day Air with Saturday delivery. At least that was my understanding.

Got the tracking # a little while ago.

So I will be waiting on the UPS truck Saturday morning, install the new lines, shoot some pix and update this thread. That is why I put this thread in the PICTURE section as I will be adding a bunch of pix Saturday afternoon.

This kit is as beautiful a brake line kit as I have ever seen. I have the same basic kit for the 06/07 that I will be returning so I know what it looks like. What I am getting is the same kit that I already have, but just longer hoses to accomodate the 08's longer forks. This GP 3 line kit is the best designed set of lines I have ever seen. You can judge that for yourseld when you see the pix later.

GALFER really went out of there way to fix this for me, and ensure I had the new lines by the weekend, since that was what I originally paid for.

That is phenomenal Customer Service and my hats off to them.

Check back later for pix. I can't wait to get them on as they route around the "front" of the fork tubes for that "GP" look. Bling and performance all in one package.

JJ

Last edited by JimmyJam; 08-23-2008 at 06:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 Old 08-23-2008, 12:28 AM
Green Hippie

Posting Frequency

awesome results

VAE VICTUS!

RIP James R Patterson 6/3/30-5/26/09
post #3 of 47 Old 08-23-2008, 12:44 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to spikespiegel Send a message via Yahoo to spikespiegel
great to hear man! Galfer is famous for a reason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 47 Old 08-23-2008, 01:44 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

That really is awesome customer service, can't wait for the pics
post #5 of 47 Old 08-23-2008, 05:49 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to tasos
Well,

First props to YOU JJ for taking the time to prove to them their mistake, and make them fix it FOR THE REST OF US, so nobody will have the same problem again !!! This shows your character and what you offer to this forum (although some guys here still can't get it)...

Second props to GALFER for understanding their mistake, stop NOT paying attention and fixing it !

Cheers,
TC.
post #6 of 47 Old 08-23-2008, 07:08 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

indeed a very great customer service. specialy coming from VP. other companies will have their customer rep or some random person or even nobody at all to handle the situation.

Props to you JJ and GALFER. Thats my brakelines and its the best out there IMO

Member of The Elite - Growler Group

08 Swingarm,08 SHOCKS,Racefit Growler, PCIII, Gipro w/ Atre, BMC Race Filter, Pazzo Shorty Levers, SATO Frame Sliders, Sportech Windscreen, Seat Cowl, Scopion Alarm, CompWerkes Fender Eliminator, Hybrid SATO rearsets, Nissin Calipers, Galfer SS Lines, EBC HH Brake Pads, Driven 520 Front and Rear Sprockets, Vortex Block Off Plates, RK GB520GWX Gold Chain,Champs Chain Adjusters, SpeedoHeeler. Coming soon-Ohlins TTX and Racetech Front Fork Rebuild Kit
post #7 of 47 Old 08-23-2008, 11:14 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Ken,

Remember if you have any questions, you can message me or Sandro for help. Take care and enjoy!!!

Sergio
post #8 of 47 Old 08-23-2008, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Got the new lines installed.

I took the time to remove the bodywork and headlight assembly so good pictures could be made.

Just need to fill and bleed the lines with the Mighty Vac and put it all back together.

I took the body work off so I could access the left engine mount so I could get better clearance to the throttle bodies. Going to install the quick turn throttle before putting it all back together. Pictures are made, will post them up in this thread later tonight.

Perfect fit! I really like. Goodridge hoses are in the trash can. Expect a pix of that to.

The routing around the front of the forks looks awesome.

JJ
post #9 of 47 Old 08-23-2008, 12:03 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Good job mang

BD

post #10 of 47 Old 08-23-2008, 12:48 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Can't beat customer service like that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in