A little help - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 07-08-2010, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

A little help

I was pretty much bike retarded prior to this bike . i would let the shop always do service settings etc on both my R1's when i had them(new) way back when... now i got my zx10 i feel more confident in doing my own work. i am a mechanic by trade just not a bike mechanic. I picked her up about a month ago. So far i know i got a PCIII Tuned for the Full Micron exhaust which leads me to my first question. If i am to ever change anything what exactly do i need to do with the PCIII are there different settings to download? i saw they have the Maps on their site available .

next how do i figure out what sprockets i got?

and lastly the rear shock/suspension i guess on a bike it is considered coil over... is all the way down dont know if it should be this way or what the benefits are or what a good setup would be? i can take pictures later of what i got. the guy who had it prior to me..said the guy who had it prior to him had it strictly set up for tanacross racing. so i figured there might be a few tweeks i could do to make it a little more for street riding as opposed to course racing...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-08-2010, 01:29 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

You would have to change your map on your PC3 if you change out your exhaust...the maps they have on their site are general baseline maps, a tuner will go from there if you go with a custom tune.

Somewhere on your sprocket will be a number...but judging by the looks of your bike, I'm almost sure you have at least 16t front...but the stock for your model is 17 front and 39 rear. Anything different from that is aftermarket.

The rear shock I don't have an answer for, take a pic to make the "issue" clear.

Mechanic by trade? As in 63Bravo?
post #3 of 4 Old 07-08-2010, 02:35 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

military wise i was a 63s which was changed to 63b and now 91b but civilian side i was ASE cert in medium heavy truck tech, T1-T7 i used to have automobile also and need to recert in both and get masters...but im not planning on being a mechanic when i get out...

are you exmilitary?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-10-2010, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

heres the rear...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in