launch control/kit ecu - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 07-09-2012, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

launch control/kit ecu

Hi, has anyone setup/used launch control or used the pit lane limiter as a launch control function.
I have a zx10r 04/05 engine with kit ecu in my hillclimb car and wondered if I could make use of this to improve my starts.
Sorry if this has already been discussed but i can't find it so maybee someone can help me out.

Cheers

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 07-10-2012, 01:31 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Balogiannis
Quote:
Originally Posted by multisport View Post
Hi, has anyone setup/used launch control or used the pit lane limiter as a launch control function.
I have a zx10r 04/05 engine with kit ecu in my hillclimb car and wondered if I could make use of this to improve my starts.
Sorry if this has already been discussed but i can't find it so maybee someone can help me out.

Cheers

Rob

I'm using the launch control on my 08 ZX10,it's pretty easy. Once you set it up through the software,it's activated as long as you have 1st gear in the gearbox and the clutch pulled...

Once you release the clutch and the bike starts to roll it gets deactivated automatically.It's default setting is 6.000 rpms and you can adjust it from 3.000 rpms up to 9.000 rpms...
post #3 of 15 Old 07-10-2012, 07:25 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I don't think they have that option on 04-07.......... I don't remember seeing it on my 06, I'll check it tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 07-10-2012, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

launch control

Hello Balogiannis,

Thanks for your reply. I checked the software I have, (from Lello), and it is adjustable from 5000 down to 1000 rpm by clicking and dragging.
What I could not quite work out was if it disabled after 1st gear, and if it would engage again if I had wheelspin in first. It sounds like the limiter stops working as soon as the clutch is released from what you have said or am I not understanding.
Also do you know which wire connections operate the quickshift function on the kit ecu.

Even in a car kawa brings a big grin to my face!

Cheers

Rob
post #5 of 15 Old 07-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Is Launch control only in the kit ECU? I'm assuming it is, but thought I'd ask.
post #6 of 15 Old 07-10-2012, 01:19 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balogiannis View Post
I'm using the launch control on my 08 ZX10,it's pretty easy. Once you set it up through the software,it's activated as long as you have 1st gear in the gearbox and the clutch pulled...

Once you release the clutch and the bike starts to roll it gets deactivated automatically.It's default setting is 6.000 rpms and you can adjust it from 3.000 rpms up to 9.000 rpms...
Can I ask what software are you using to do that?
post #7 of 15 Old 07-10-2012, 05:24 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddie View Post
Can I ask what software are you using to do that?
The software that comes with the race ECU,but I'm speaking for the 3d GEN bikes.

The options vary slightly depending on the model.

@ multisport

The launch control won't deactivate immediately after the clutch is released,but it'll keep until the bike reaches a certain speed or shift to 2nd gear,which ever comes first I think.

I'll check about the what pins you connect for the quickshifter but you can figure it out by checking the wiring diagrams in the race manual.
post #8 of 15 Old 07-10-2012, 11:43 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balogiannis View Post
The software that comes with the race ECU,but I'm speaking for the 3d GEN bikes.

The options vary slightly depending on the model.

@ multisport

The launch control won't deactivate immediately after the clutch is released,but it'll keep until the bike reaches a certain speed or shift to 2nd gear,which ever comes first I think.

I'll check about the what pins you connect for the quickshifter but you can figure it out by checking the wiring diagrams in the race manual.
I no i have the last of the gen3 models (2010 )
post #9 of 15 Old 07-11-2012, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

launch control

Hi Balogiannis,

From what you have described, that sounds exactly what I had hoped for, deactivating once second is selected or hits preset speed.

I have kit ecu and race sofware and interface, bought from lello87 but don' know how it compares to the later bikes as my engine is 05 c2.

As far as quickshifter goes, I will troll through the posts for kit wiring diagram.

Also I think I will ask lello 87 if the new software that is coming will have traction control, will keep you posted.

Thanks again

Rob
post #10 of 15 Old 07-12-2012, 01:06 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by multisport View Post
Hi Balogiannis,

From what you have described, that sounds exactly what I had hoped for, deactivating once second is selected or hits preset speed.

I have kit ecu and race sofware and interface, bought from lello87 but don' know how it compares to the later bikes as my engine is 05 c2.

As far as quickshifter goes, I will troll through the posts for kit wiring diagram.

Also I think I will ask lello 87 if the new software that is coming will have traction control, will keep you posted.

Thanks again

Rob
Rob I'm afraid I'll disappoint you. I cheked the available options for your model and it doesn't include launch control for the 04/05 model...

Using the pit limiter for launch control might me a good idea but you'll need to disable it manually after you launch...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in