Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Kawi Race box??

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Birdman 
#1 ·
Has anyone had or heard of good results from the kawi race box. The cost appears to be around $1100 dealer. I have a buddy about to buy one. His bike has only bolt on items, its my opinion that the box will not be worth the $$$$$.

#4 ·
Of course, but he is trying to find more. Also, the new 2005 box when perfected will give you the ability to quick shift gears (*with out any linkage to the shifter*) and give you pulse with control of both injectors per cylinder along with timming control. I can see perhaps a few (1-2) more horse power found, but not enough to spend $1100
My feeling is this is a box you buy when you changed the head gasket and intake cam.

#9 ·
The race ECU is a dyno proven 8hp over stock, PC aint got nothing on that. This is because of the ability to alter the subthrottle openings and ignition advance.
The 04 kit ECU is 1000, but the '05 kit ECU is 650 and should work on an 04 bike they have the same wiring diagram.
Contact wstaab for more information, he can get you hooked up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.