Just went through my 2nd Power Commader?? WTF...help - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 04-23-2006, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Just went through my 2nd Power Commader?? WTF...help

Hey guys,
I don't know if you remember my post almost a yr ago. Basically my stator blew and after 8mths the kawi shop finally returned my *ucking bike! That's a whole different story. Anyway I got a new powercommder after my orginal one( the one that worked when I brought the bike in to the shop) somehow stopped working and was fried. Now get this....the shop replaced my 1st commander with 2nd one, I rode my bike for 3 rides and she ran like a rape ape! Parked it after the 3rd ride and it would not fire, it turned but no spark. I check the commander and no power wtf? I plug a 9v in the commander and no power at all. I called DynoJet and they said they would warranty it if it did not work. I'm still waiting on a replacement. I was told the PC runs off the injectors for its power source, now my question is; if I had a voltage spike and somehow blew my PC wouldn't I have blown a fuse or something. Nope all the fuses were good. Could it be a wiring issue from the shop reinstalling the engine etc? BTW NORD RIDE KAWI IN MICH SUCKS!!! Or could have been a faulty power commander for a second time? The first one I got 6k with no problems until the stator blew (or after the shop got there hands on it). Thanks in advance fellas.... I just don't get it

Last edited by fornication; 04-23-2006 at 09:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-23-2006, 11:54 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Interesting, I need to break out my manual again. Bummer on the burn outs.

W.F.O.ing with style will bring life back into focus
post #3 of 8 Old 04-24-2006, 12:01 AM

Posting Frequency

Man, 8 months to repair! What did they have to do, ship it to Japan for someone to work on? Or did they close down for 6 months for winter? Geez and our local shop is supposed to be bad....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 04-24-2006, 12:07 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

lol, yeh the 8 month thing was killing me too. That is like forever! Must have been a slow boat to Japan.

W.F.O.ing with style will bring life back into focus
post #5 of 8 Old 04-24-2006, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Not at all fellas, they just messed something up cosmetically or mechanically everytime I went to pick it up. I dropped it off in the 1st week of Aug last year. They completely ruined my paint job (already had it painted), one time in Dec they said "come get it" the PC was not hooked up ( it was fried and they weren't telling me yet) then it only ran on 3cylinders....that isn't even the half they dent the shit out of my tank where the scotts damper is mounted. Guys I got azz raped with no lube. Now I'm dealing with this problem, do you think I want to take it back and have no riding season again.....helll no..........I don't know what to do! I called Kawi customer service, and all they would do was document it...f them too, sorry about the rage boys......Any idea's on the PC issues yet?
post #6 of 8 Old 04-24-2006, 07:16 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to byebyebusa Send a message via Yahoo to byebyebusa
Kahoo's PCIII failed after about 100 miles on the bike. The bike wouldn't start after it got hot but when it cooled down again it fired right up. Dealer called the mfg, mfg OK'd in shop replacement. So far and 4000 miles down the road no other issues.

99 ZRX1100 - tons of mods and still slow but FUN / 07 Yami FZ1 for the wifie.
post #7 of 8 Old 04-24-2006, 07:17 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

No ideas about PCIII but I say get a lawyer about the shop.

04 Green ZX-10R, Evo II Header, Evo Canister, PCIIIUSB, BMC Race Filter, Vortex adj. Rearsets, Scorpio Alarm, Scotts Damper, Ivan's TRE, Ivan PCIII USB Map, Ivan's Kleen Block-Offs, Clear Alternatives Flush Mounts, Puig Double Bubble, Mirror Blocks, Sho-gun sliders, 1/5 throttle, Hot bodies fender eliminator, Goodridge SS lines, pazzo shorties and exhuast hanger.
post #8 of 8 Old 04-24-2006, 09:42 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I know dynojet make the one and only useful tuning product, but they do ahve some reliablility isues and manufacturing issues with making sure these unit are not screwed or screw up after being installed.

My first PCIII on my 636 was bad out of the box, had to fight with the dubm woman on the phone for 30 minutes before she would take it back. She told me if it was not bad they were going to charge me for the inspection.

Calle me a week later to tell me the unit is bad, had a cross short from the factory. I bitched at her for 15 minutes on how I had next day aired it to me the first time so I could have it in time for a out of state ride, all she would do is next day it back to me.

Thier RMA customer service dept sucks donkey balls in my eyes, the tech line is pretty good though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in