Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Ivan's TRE

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  DB's ZX10R 
#1 ·
Ivan's TRE

Ok.....got it in finally and installed my PCIII and K&N air filter at the same time. And yes, I did the sub throttle sensor adjustment (holy crap, what a biotch to loosen the T25 security torx bolts). Ivan also sent me a map for the set-up that I have....Akro slip-on, PCIII, TRE, K&N Air filter. I put everything back together after double checking install and started her up......fricken' FI light is on! I take all the crap off and check the wiring again......looks good. Put everything back (and for good measure, I dis-connected the battery for a few minutes to see if FI will go off after turning it back on) and start her up......FI light still on. I then take it for a test ride with the FI light on. The bike runs like crap.......bogs down at about 6K rpm in all gears and sounds/feels like it is going to die down.

I have read a zillion pages in here about different TRE topics and did not find an answer.....

Anyone have any ideas on what my problem could be? (besides the smart ass "you installed it wrong, dumbass".)

Thanks!

DB

See less See more
#3 ·
Big Daddy said:
:dontknow: its possible you installed it wrong but i can't be sure. :wink:

BD
I just looked it over for the 4th time and do not see how it is wrong according to the instructions and all of the threads I have read. I guess I will have to wait and call Ivan tomorrow during business hours.

Worse comes to worse.....I'll take it off, re-do the PCIII map, and go from there.

#6 ·
You may have been too aggressive on the STPS adjustment. Mine threw an FI light/code after the first try. Set the sensor back to stock, which eliminated the FI light. Then re-set it without putting as much effort into rotating the sensor. No FI light and it runs great. Total PITA to move the sensor 2 more times, but might be worth a try. Or call Ivan. Hopefully, he'll have more time to help you sort it than he did for me...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.