Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Ivan's free derestrict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvin View Post
Has any one tried this yet Ivan's Performance Products
if so does it work?
I have '14 Gen 4 and was looking at the 2013 service manual. I would call Ivan quick to be sure that the red w/green on the 13s and 14s is the same. In the manual, the R/G wire is the starter lockout switch according to the manual. So, going by location and color, as he did that to a 2012, I had concern of cutting the wrong thing. The exhaust butterfly valve actuator sensor is a Green and Yellow wire at pin 24 on the ECU.

Give him a call. I had a buddy who used him and the guy is really helpful on the phone. I would like to know the answer also, but work has kept me busy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 05-15-2015, 08:32 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Wow. Didn't use the search feature much, huh?

https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f23/how-...ee-117658.html

Been done by countless people. Reflash is better.
ZX10RArcher and Animal11 like this.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #5 of 10 Old 05-15-2015, 08:51 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Ivans

Sky, I went through that thread and it pretty much terminated in 2012. Do you have anyone you know who has done this on a 13 or 14? I intend to call Ivan to check on the wire coding, just to be sure. I want to flash, but have to budget everything, including the exhaust. I think that the derestrict is an easy first step so long as its done right.

Any update would be great.
post #6 of 10 Old 05-15-2015, 09:31 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnergyReg View Post
Sky, I went through that thread and it pretty much terminated in 2012. Do you have anyone you know who has done this on a 13 or 14? I intend to call Ivan to check on the wire coding, just to be sure. I want to flash, but have to budget everything, including the exhaust. I think that the derestrict is an easy first step so long as its done right.

Any update would be great.
The only difference in the '13-'15 models was the addition of the ESD. The main wire harness coloring and info should not have changed. The wire being cut goes to the clutch safety switch. It should be the same thing on the later models.

The only thing this mod does is trick the ECU into thinking the clutch is pulled all the time. Thereby bypassing the per-gear mappings and restrictions in the ECU and running the neutral mapping for everything.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #7 of 10 Old 05-15-2015, 11:06 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Thumbs up

Great info!! thanks.
post #8 of 10 Old 05-15-2015, 11:37 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

SMDH...

Flashing is way better. The neutral map runs timing values as well as secondary throttle plate mappings that are less than ideal.

The neutral map was designed to be ran with the bike in no load... some areas timing is advanced 20 degrees! Other areas it's pulling timing so it's less than the stock values. Same thing with the secondaries.

Ignition Timing:

This is color coded and overlayed on the stock values. Blue is where timing is advanced and by what degree; red is where timing is pulled and by what degree. Don't know if you know what happens to the bike when timing is too far advanced or retarded but I suggest you do a Google search... before you start heading to your bike with a wire cutter and crimpers.

Secondary Throttle Plates:

Blue is where they will be opened more than stock; the darker the color the more drastic the change. Same thing for the red. Unless the bike is tuned specifically for this, your throttle response will suffer to some degree.

I've had many people reverse the wire mod to run with the flash; all said the bike felt stronger and ran better. I've had guys who had the wire mod who were tuned with it run others who had my flash and were getting beat by a few bike lengths; they converted and went to the flash.

The wire mod is less than ideal... save your money for the flash or buy a Woolich kit instead of a Power Commander.
post #9 of 10 Old 05-15-2015, 12:11 PM
Slo
Is still Slo

Posting Frequency

Garage
I have done the wire mod.... but also the reflash, two different ways on two different bikes.

Frist off, my hats off to Ivan for providing this info free of charge, Im thinking he "could" have produced something that would have cost us $$$ to do so. I did not have any known issues with my bike, although there was no logging of any sort/no dyno time.

Now with the new bike, I went with Archer, the total amount of time for uninstall and reinstall was less than doing the wire mod. And if you dont want all the bells and whistles, the price is awesome. I have never seen anything with so many enhancements including hp for such little amount of $$$ anywhere in the bike or car industry.

Peace of mind....there is no price I wouldn't pay for peace of mind, this is what you get with the reflash among the obvious enhancements. I even called the guy that purchased my old bike and told him to reverse the wire mod I did, and to get the reflash.
Duhastme likes this.
post #10 of 10 Old 05-15-2015, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
sorry for the repost but i did do a search for it and nothing came up for me. Once again I apologize.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in