Ivans Block off help - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-25-2008, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to OneSLOW10
Ivans Block off help

I am currently doing my mods and on the Ivans Block off plates. A 4mm 4.5 and 5mm seem not to be working for me on the oem plates. Anyhelp on how to get them off?
thanks

2005 PMR. Full Ti Evo 2, BMC Race, V-Stacks, PC3, IG Module, DJ QS (not installed), 1/5th throw (not installed), -1 +2 with Gold RK Chain, Speedo Healer V4, Removed 2ndaries, Red GiPro, Pilot Powers, Dual H.I.D.s, Brocks brackets and strap, Rear 2" Muzzy Drop, Vortex Rearsets, Scotts Damper, 2 HyperPro Dampers, Puig DB, ASV Levers, Titax Levers, Pazzo Levers, Kill switch (made to look like it's mounted), CA front/rear lights and a owner who adores her...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

i just did mine yesterday i uses either a 5 or 5.5 can be for sure cause i got my air box and tank back on her. but its definatly locktighted in there so it might need some force to break um free.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-25-2008, 05:26 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

TeamC assisted OneSLOW10 with this mod and we used a 1/4 ratchet and a Torx 30.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-26-2008, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks again C. Your comment should be a sticky so it helps others. After C brought in the T 30 it took about 5 mins to take off the oem plates and install the IVANS. Piece of cake..

2005 PMR. Full Ti Evo 2, BMC Race, V-Stacks, PC3, IG Module, DJ QS (not installed), 1/5th throw (not installed), -1 +2 with Gold RK Chain, Speedo Healer V4, Removed 2ndaries, Red GiPro, Pilot Powers, Dual H.I.D.s, Brocks brackets and strap, Rear 2" Muzzy Drop, Vortex Rearsets, Scotts Damper, 2 HyperPro Dampers, Puig DB, ASV Levers, Titax Levers, Pazzo Levers, Kill switch (made to look like it's mounted), CA front/rear lights and a owner who adores her...
post #5 of 5 Old 04-26-2008, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

to BD or whoever else. I seen BD's KLEEN removal system how to. When I did the ivans install I only put in the new block off plates, removed the piece that sat in between and connected to the emission plates, along with capping off the front of the airbox where the thicker hose went. Left out of the Ivans kit was a screw, small black cap and a red screw cap. I looked at the paper that was with the Kit and depending on which bike you had depended on which piece you used, if I read it right. Back to BD's post. I noticed from his picture that I did not take out the charcoal canister and hoses. How bad is it that I did not realize and do that? - I didn't start the bike yet since I have other issues preventing me from doing so.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in