1Likes
  • 1 Post By SkyDork

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-16-2008, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Intake Racing Camshaft for 04 ZX10R

May I introduce myself,

My boyfriend who is the owner of the bike has an 04 ZX10R which we ride with love and passion but for about 6 months ago until a couple of weeks ago, we kept having problems up top.

We were having problems with the bike not pulling to full rpm in 4th, 5th, and 6th. Sometimes, it would run great. Sometimes, it wouldn't. Sometimes when it wasn't running good, it would kick in like Nitrous and it would run just fine.

We found a clogged fuel pump. The pick up screen on the fuel pump was clogged with all kind of stuff.

Ran the bike after that and it seemed to be running fine.

The bike's never been dyno but it has downloaded an original map with an Akrapovic Full Exhaust system.

Due to the consistent problem with the up top, the bike has been taken apart to do a full service. Meanwhile this process, we realized that the exhaust racing camshaft was on special ($84) again! And we got it, but we've been having a lot of trouble finding an intake racing camshaft. Let alone that after we purchased it, we read some of your comments that didn't have a lot of technical observations about the not great effects of this camshaft alone.

Today, we called in a local new Kawasaki dealer that is listing an 06 intake racing camshaft.

I believe that the intake racing camshaft was originally posted by Kawasaki for 04-06 ZX10R.

First question, is this true? Would this "06 intake racing camshaft for a zx10r" would perfectly work for my 04?

Second question, we went through some of your posts and some of you had personal opinions about the exhaust racing camshaft. Can you give us your feedback before we put this items on our bike. We are not changing the pistons nor the stroke.

Third question, does the exhaust racing camshaft combined with the intake racing camshaft have any effect on the engine's performance? Or should we not bother to replace the stock exhaust camshaft for the racing one and just change the intake ones?

Forth question and LAST, what opinions and suggestions do you guys have on the problem up top?!?!?! I've seriously checked everything I could've possibly check and nothing has stop this issue from happening. It is really disturbing and frustrating. Some have suggested problems with the injection.

Thank you for your time and help!!!!!

MC & R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-17-2008, 08:15 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Lose the exhaust camshaft and find the intake camshaft if you can.04&06 require the same camshaft. I have no idea why your bike is breaking apart up top besides a bad fuel pump? Im sure other people will chime in soon. Oh welcome to this informative site btw.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to garth285
yeah the race exhaust camshaft is actually smaller in lift and duration then stock, for a sotck motor the racing camshaft is garbage...... run only the race intake.... I lost 7hp going from a race intake with stock exhaust to race intake and exhaust.

the race camshaft is good for all year zx10r's I'm sure you can even put it in the 08' but 04-07 is perfect.

as for up top maybe get her dyno tuned after the camshaft and see how it does.... a generic power commander map might be close but its usually pretty rich.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 06-06-2016, 10:31 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

The race exhaust runs FINE with exhaust valve race springs ONLY if you use high compression pistons...(personaly used wiseco 13.5:1 high compression).otherwise it is a lost case(although there is a more free high reving feeling...)
post #5 of 6 Old 06-06-2016, 10:47 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTINO NAPOLETANO View Post
The race exhaust runs FINE with exhaust valve race springs ONLY if you use high compression pistons...(personaly used wiseco 13.5:1 high compression).otherwise it is a lost case(although there is a more free high reving feeling...)
An 8-year old thread bump. Way to get that info out there Napoletano!
Boxtradamus likes this.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #6 of 6 Old 06-06-2016, 10:49 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
An 8-year old thread bump. Way to get that info out there Napoletano!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in