impact for clutch hub nut - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-25-2015, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

impact for clutch hub nut

I went to put in my new basket, clutch and clutch mod on saturday and just like i expected i couldnt get the nut off. I tried to heat up the nut and use my buddies 14.4v (3/8'') snapon impact and it still wouldnt move. I dont have an air compressor or any air tools so i was looking at this crafsman 1/2" 19.2v. Anyone know if there would be that much of a differnce between th 14v and 19v? I dont want to waste my time on it if it wont work but also dont want to dish out the money for air tools.. Thats the last thing keeping my bike apart

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
65”, pos
8.67 @ 154mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-26-2015, 04:35 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue08 View Post
I went to put in my new basket, clutch and clutch mod on saturday and just like i expected i couldnt get the nut off. I tried to heat up the nut and use my buddies 14.4v (3/8'') snapon impact and it still wouldnt move. I dont have an air compressor or any air tools so i was looking at this crafsman 1/2" 19.2v. Anyone know if there would be that much of a differnce between th 14v and 19v? I dont want to waste my time on it if it wont work but also dont want to dish out the money for air tools.. Thats the last thing keeping my bike apart
Its so many years I have finished college that I forgot what's the name of the tool in english and I use them quite often. OK description is it looks like a screw driver but you can install all sorts of heads on the bottom its mettalic and you hit it with a hammer. The head is rotating when you hit it and it releases the bolts. I don't know if you understood which tool I am trying to describe to you.

OK am I hirred ? Should I quit my job ? How much is the sallary? Hahaha
post #3 of 5 Old 05-26-2015, 02:20 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to GMorrison
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick13 View Post
Its so many years I have finished college that I forgot what's the name of the tool in english and I use them quite often. OK description is it looks like a screw driver but you can install all sorts of heads on the bottom its mettalic and you hit it with a hammer. The head is rotating when you hit it and it releases the bolts. I don't know if you understood which tool I am trying to describe to you.

OK am I hirred ? Should I quit my job ? How much is the sallary? Hahaha
Are you mentioning about Irwin Bolt Grip Nut Remover set? They are quiet popular for removing those kind of nuts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-03-2015, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I was able to get it off with a craftsman 19.2v 3/4" impact. Took it off with out even using heat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
65”, pos
8.67 @ 154mph
post #5 of 5 Old 06-03-2015, 10:34 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I just hit them with a big air impact and they normally come right off. I love these battery impacts they have come a long way in the last few years. The other option is get the clutch basket holding tool and use a breaker bar.

Glad you got it off!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in