I want a turbo! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 08-30-2006, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

I want a turbo!

I have been looking a Dyno Sheets pics and anything that has concerning a turbo and i cant stand it no having one so... on that note if anybody knows of a buddy or a local shop that has one avaiable (Rebuilt or not) please let me know! i have been to the local track in Wichita and talked to racers and other friends there with turboed bikes and have the hookup to get it installed i just cant find one with all the shit to run one. i dont want one thats going to cost me 3,000 bucks cause i would just go buy a freakin new one for thousand more dollars ya know but everybody look around and keep ur eyes open and get back to me please Thanks Guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 08-30-2006, 05:46 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to colinmitchell111
:headshake
post #3 of 14 Old 08-30-2006, 06:21 PM

Posting Frequency

i realy dont see the reason on turboing a bike that runs 100 mph in 1st gear but ok
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 08-30-2006, 06:25 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loweredskulls
I have been looking a Dyno Sheets pics and anything that has concerning a turbo and i cant stand it no having one so... on that note if anybody knows of a buddy or a local shop that has one avaiable (Rebuilt or not) please let me know! i have been to the local track in Wichita and talked to racers and other friends there with turboed bikes and have the hookup to get it installed i just cant find one with all the shit to run one. i dont want one thats going to cost me 3,000 bucks cause i would just go buy a freakin new one for thousand more dollars ya know but everybody look around and keep ur eyes open and get back to me please Thanks Guys
If you're going the boost way. I would NOT even think about it if you're worried about $$$. You can have a turbo kit for FREE but with the lack of discipline Mr. Detonation and Mr. Wear along with Mr. Tear will soon be at your door steps.
post #5 of 14 Old 08-30-2006, 06:27 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy
If you're going the boost way. I would NOT even think about it if you're worried about $$$. You can have a turbo kit for FREE but with the lack of discipline Mr. Detonation and Mr. Wear along with Mr. Tear will soon be at your door steps.

:iamwithst
post #6 of 14 Old 08-30-2006, 07:36 PM

Posting Frequency

I understand where your coming from. Check out velocityracing.com They have a turbo for the 10r which is reliable. Change pistons and all. So you wont have to worry about reliability, they go to low comp pistons. Your shit will be tight. Just on the corners you will get completely smoked. Do a search on supercharging a 10r. Its instant, no wait for turbo lag. Nitrous does me fine.
post #7 of 14 Old 08-30-2006, 07:47 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja2k5
I understand where your coming from. Check out velocityracing.com They have a turbo for the 10r which is reliable. Change pistons and all. So you wont have to worry about reliability, they go to low comp pistons. Your shit will be tight. Just on the corners you will get completely smoked. Do a search on supercharging a 10r. Its instant, no wait for turbo lag. Nitrous does me fine.
:iamwithst
post #8 of 14 Old 08-30-2006, 08:17 PM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3MPO
i realy dont see the reason on turboing a bike that runs 100 mph in 1st gear but ok
It's called, The Need for Speed!!!!!!!
post #9 of 14 Old 08-30-2006, 08:59 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

superchargers for sure!!!, but i know this guy builds some pretty good turbo kits, you can run a lower boost so you won't "hurt your bike to much". but he's really good. and both front and rear mounts ( i like the front better).
http://www.shandyturbos.com/homepage.html
post #10 of 14 Old 09-02-2006, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

damn 3,500 Bucks isnt bad at all onetoncj thanks for the information... and for all of u that siad it was retarted a buddy of mine just put a 671 street blower in a 72, barracuda and its pushing 1,200HP yeah it runs a 7.6et in the 1/4 and he wants to race the pumpkin so know that im not going to tell him im doing this in three weeks and im going for the finish line.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in