Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Hp Numbers

2K views 36 replies 21 participants last post by  BoostedSR20 
#1 ·
Ok I would like to hear some HP numbers, there are some people on other forums stating some crazy numbers and it smells a little fishy:headshake . lets see some dyno sheets

#5 ·
I don't have dyno sheets, but I do have time slips!!! :mrgreen:

:idea: Who races on a dyno anyways???:dontknow:

#6 ·
well time slips are king, but not everyone on here drags, I do but the bike hasn't even been to the track yet, its 2 weeks old, and taking care of all the necessaries before the beating begins. We pulled 159.9 stock, and we just built an exhaust for it, now we are working on the tunning. Someone on another forum claimed 180 at the wheel, sounds kinda hookie to me. I dunno though, but thats alot for these things to pick up with an exhaust and tuning only

#10 ·
Yeah, I should be in the 190+ range but we have a factory pro dyno and we cannot accurately convert to dynojet numbers so i haven't put up my dynojet figures just yet, I'm going to try and get on 3 dynojets this week so we can have a average reading. but if we were to convert our reading to dynojet it would be 195-197hp!!!!! the best thing about it is it sure as hell feels like that much power. I spent about 5 hours on the dyno doing back to back runs with velocity stacks, spark plugs, and a few other small things to squeeze every bit of horse power out of this sucker.

I'll be posting my results as soon as i can get on a dyno.

#11 ·
by the way i was making around 180hp with stock motor with thin head gasket, racing cams, stock head and all the other mods i have from before. That and i did a bunch of other mods here and there to get me that power but you need to do quite a bit of work.

I have the horsepower now that i wanted and the built motor i had pictured, now i jsut want my 400lbs wet bike!!!

#16 ·
damn kiwki what mods?

#19 ·
Muzzy Slip-on and tune got me 158.6 rwhp & 79.3 rwtq

#20 ·
Here's my '06 with Area P half-system, 2" core, removed secondary butterflies & shaft, TRE, PC3, cut OEM air filter (no paper) and mapping by Kevin at Stock, Mild to Wild in Jax, FL. 93 pump gas, stock chain & tire, never cracked the valve cover.

It pulled 176 uncorrected, 171 SAE corrected. 175 STD corrected.

Dean

#29 ·
Next time you're in town give me a holler.

#22 · (Edited)
here's mine from recently. Kit cam, thin gasket and a little head massage. Full evo 2 also along with a custom map on VP MRX01 race fuel.

Attachments

#24 ·
I just messed with it a little but I think that what you see now is as good as I am going to get it. I will try some more later but I don't think that it will improve much.

#26 ·
Actually after talking to the tuner I had them set at the stock marks. He said that with the kit cam the improvment was very little. I was very skepticlal with that after talking to all of the guys who have done it but in the end I was tired of messing with it. I am still a little iffy but I am looking into changing a few things with the bike but for now I am tired of having it apart and just want to ride it. Maybe I'll have a set of pistons and some more agressive cams put in later on but for now I'm good.

#28 ·
Thanks. I'll let you know if I change anything up and let you know what the results are.

#30 ·
Oh yeah, thin head gasket, degreed cams, velocity stacks, BMC street filter, full arata, 154 N/A on 91 pump, 217 with nitrous on 91 pump, 155 N/A with 50/50 91/110 and 223 with nitrous on 50/50 91/110.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.