Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

How long did your stock qualifier last on your new bike?

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  melbr1 
#1 ·
About how many miles did you guys get out of that OEM dunlop on your Gen2 10r?

Im at 2200 and its about toast to the wear bars and then some.

any 55 series out there that will last a bit more?

#7 ·
Well im at just over 2000 and i see the shape of the rear is gone. The "dome" is gone and its more like a car tire. Tread is about 2mm before the wear bar.

These tires are very sensitive to heat. Once warm they stick like glue, otherwise they suck.

#8 ·
I thought I was the only one. I babied the first 1,000 miles on my bike right? At 1,400 miles or so the steel radial was showing. I complained to the dealer, but of course no avail..I put on a SPort Attack, and I get about 2,000 miles or so. I then put on a 190/50 Dunlop Qualifier and I have 3,000 miles on it, and there is alot more left. OEM Dunlop's suck. I would have taken it off when I first bought bike if I were to know. Anyway, this is common.. Peace :cool:

#9 ·
1200 miles when I swapped out the oem for non oem Qualifiers. Great shape, but went for a change ( ie complete suspension and tires). 4000 miles and have signs of the center showing a flat spot down the center. Been a good tire for the street so far.

#11 ·
Mine got to 5700 rear front is still good at 6600
I replaced the rear with the battlax 002 its supposed to have a thicker center to hold up against the flat out runs.$200 installed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.