So I recently asked for a Gen1 exhaust bracket to ditch my passenger pegs. https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=82227
Cyclepuck put up a nice example that I decided to copy to best of my abilities. SOUN1 was even cool enough to offer to make me one for free via pm, but I felt I should man up do it myself.
It's really straight forward, but I figure someone might benefit
. I will scan a template into word format if anyone is interested in it. Should save some measuring and marking time.
1) Used a scrap piece of thin metal to trace the original passenger peg and made a mock up bracket.
2) Traced it onto a 1/8 inch piece of aluminum. Paid 8 bucks at a metal shop for 12 x 12 scrap piece. Cut it with a table saw and a grinder.
3) Marked my bend with tape (minimal bend required). Used my bench clamp and a block of wood.
4) Filed and sanded it smooth on all surfaces and sprayed with etching primer and rustoleum. Cooked it in the oven because I'm impatient. Blackpearl feel free to offer some free powder coating
5) Final product, sorry it got dark..
There you go, $8 dollar bracket.