How can you rewrite the map of stock ECU? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 Old 07-11-2005, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

How can you rewrite the map of stock ECU?

On Kawiforums ,I 've see that someone can rewrite the software to flash the stock ECU then I tried to email him but he want to reply .
I didn't know that one could rewrite the map of stock ECU.
Here's the link:
http://kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=33127

Is there someone that can rewrite the stock ECU ?

Yvan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 07-11-2005, 01:00 PM

Posting Frequency

If it is some sort of erasable memory or flash memory it is possable to rewrite the code. First step is, find out what kind of format the code is written in (binary, hexidecimal etc). Second, disifer spelling??, the code and find out what portion of the code you are looking at to find the parameter you want to change. Then find the hardware to program your chip. Next make adjustments to the board itself to make the chip removable (some sort of socket). Last learn to write the code and find all the logic involved in the parameter you are trying to change, write the code onto the chip.
post #3 of 32 Old 07-11-2005, 01:03 PM

Posting Frequency

what you're looking for is going to be an EPROM. Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory. basically a 'chip' for short. most of the exhaust manufacturers offer them, and in my experience they're virtually worthless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 Old 07-11-2005, 09:26 PM

Posting Frequency

The race ecu's for the ZX6 and I presume ZX10 can be changed, BUT they are in blocks. You cannot go in and change 40% throttle at 6000rpm, you can only do it as a whole from up yto 20% throttle, then from 40-80% and then 100%. Why bother?, cheaper to get the PC and get it done right.
post #5 of 32 Old 07-11-2005, 11:10 PM

Posting Frequency

But there are alot of other advantages to programing your own code in the ECU. The bike has a clutch switch and a rev limiter.. which means that when the clutch is engaged the ECU could be programed to have the rev limiter at lets say 8K RPM, so you get consitance launch.. soon as clutch is released.. boom back up to 13k. Another advantage woudl be the timing map that is used.. they are saved to bits which means that you can modify each timing slot in the table. You could have a sequence of events that have to be performed in order for the bike to start.. and the list goes on... IFFFF you know how to program and disifer the original code.
post #6 of 32 Old 07-12-2005, 04:58 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to gladding24
BTW Yvanlover, TBerd is pretty well known around the motorcycle forums to be a dipshit troll and pot-stirrer. I, personally, would be inclined to doubt every word typed by him unless he has concrete proof to back it up, but that's just me.
If you want to know about remapping the stock Ecu, you need to talk to Marc Salvisberg at Factory Pro here in San Rafael, CA they were working on a tool similiar to the TEKA tool for our ZX10's last year, but I haven't talked to them in a while about it. Let us know what he says if you call.

Here you go:
(800) 869-0497 Voice - Toll Free US and Canada)
(415) 491-5920 Voice
fax 415 492-8803

Stop Whining!!!
It ain't easy being Green ~ Kermit The Frog
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.....Even if you win...you are still retarded

CaliSuperbikes- "these are high strung machines, and we're giving them a constant dose of Red Bull"
post #7 of 32 Old 07-12-2005, 04:20 PM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

Some race teams here were using the race-kit ECU with a PowerCommander piggybacked on top of it. They did it this way because the race-kit ECU gave them at least some access to functions not available at all in the PowerCommander, but the PowerCommander gave more flexibility with the fuel mapping ...

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
post #8 of 32 Old 07-12-2005, 04:25 PM

Posting Frequency

There is no doubt about it, the PC is the most efficient way to tune fuel. Each time you want to make an adjustment you would have to pull the ECU and take it apart pull the chip, reburn the chip and install, not to mention rewrite teh code.
post #9 of 32 Old 07-12-2005, 04:30 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to gladding24
Snoop, the race kit ecu is flashable in the box on the bike with the PC software, kind of like the PCIII, but unlike the PCIII, the race kit goodies are like $2k

Stop Whining!!!
It ain't easy being Green ~ Kermit The Frog
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.....Even if you win...you are still retarded

CaliSuperbikes- "these are high strung machines, and we're giving them a constant dose of Red Bull"
post #10 of 32 Old 07-12-2005, 04:48 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10dancies
what you're looking for is going to be an EPROM. Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory. basically a 'chip' for short. most of the exhaust manufacturers offer them, and in my experience they're virtually worthless.
Um, no. Ecus nowadays don't use chips that are removeable. You re-flash them, either by sending them away to someone who knows how and has the correct hardware, or by yourself, using a pc (not a power commander) or something like a teka tool.

I've been trying to talk to Mark at FactoryPro for some time now and get no answer, not even a machine, to answer this question. If anyone does, please post the answer. I did see Tberds comments about what he "did" but will believe it when I see it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in