Hit the nitrous on the track - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 Old 08-08-2005, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Hit the nitrous on the track

I got a chance to hit the button at the track. What a fuggen turd. At 4500' elevation, c-14 plus and muzzy map with 60 hp jet, I ran a slow as hell 10.8. WTF!? the bottle might have been to cold, the map might be too rich for the elevation I'm at? I'm running slower with nitrous than with my s/o and custom map. Any insight? I'm going to look for a bottle blanket and bottle heater. i think i also have to get a custom nitrous map for this elevation.

I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 08-08-2005, 06:16 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

yer killin me whitey sounds like a NOZ map is necessary.

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
post #3 of 34 Old 08-08-2005, 06:25 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1killer1liter
I got a chance to hit the button at the track. What a fuggen turd. At 4500' elevation, c-14 plus and muzzy map with 60 hp jet, I ran a slow as hell 10.8. WTF!? the bottle might have been to cold, the map might be too rich for the elevation I'm at? I'm running slower with nitrous than with my s/o and custom map. Any insight? I'm going to look for a bottle blanket and bottle heater. i think i also have to get a custom nitrous map for this elevation.
1killer1liter, I know we talked off line but I never asked you about your system,
what safeguards do you have? On, my camero I had so many that if one of them was not activated then the nos never kicked in. For example:

RPM limit switch....If not at the proper RPM then no NOS
Wide open Throttle...not wide open, then no NOS
Fuel Regulator....not enough pressure, then no NOS

Any chance one or more of these was not right when you hit the bottle on the track? I'm sure guys like Eric or other running NOS will can give you way more tips, just wanted to state the basics first. Good luck with that man, I would say WTF too because I seen you run better out here in Sac.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 Old 08-08-2005, 06:36 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

C-14?? you don't need to run c-14 I'd guess thats the beginning of your problem. run a splash of race gas (110) in with premium pump gas and call it a day..
c-14 will never run good in a bike like that. your not spraying a car son.,
the load presented on a bike is nothing like the load placed on a car so the chances of detanation are much slimmer.

I have a friend that runs asphault snowmobiles and they have 1000cc motors that turn about 275 horse at the crank n/a and he runs c14+

05 lime green. Sato slip-on, pc3usb, bmc race filter.
"when ya lose site of why ya ride then you've lost what really matters"---THE MOTORHEAD

Last edited by busaforhire; 08-08-2005 at 07:14 PM.
post #5 of 34 Old 08-09-2005, 01:33 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
how did it hit?
post #6 of 34 Old 08-09-2005, 06:55 AM

Posting Frequency

Clutch slipping ?
post #7 of 34 Old 08-09-2005, 07:08 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Check over the obvious stuff. Pull your plugs to see if they look like the cylinder is running rich or lean which in your case I would be looking for a rich condition. Also something obvious and stupid to check for is if you have the tank oriented correctly. The opening for the valve of the tank needs to point down and forward because of the siphon in the tank. Also, you may want to put a pressure gauge somewhere inline of the nitrous supply line. You need to have about 1000 PSI+ in line pressure for optimum performance.
post #8 of 34 Old 08-09-2005, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by busaforhire
C-14?? you don't need to run c-14 I'd guess thats the beginning of your problem. run a splash of race gas (110) in with premium pump gas and call it a day..
c-14 will never run good in a bike like that. your not spraying a car son.,
the load presented on a bike is nothing like the load placed on a car so the chances of detanation are much slimmer.

I have a friend that runs asphault snowmobiles and they have 1000cc motors that turn about 275 horse at the crank n/a and he runs c14+
Muzzy recommends c-16 be used with his nitrous kit. The place I went to did not have c-16 so I used c-14+ instead. I usually don't run race gas in the bike, but I didn't want to take a chance of blowing a motor because I didn't follow instructions.

My friend that has nitrous on his car says it hits soft. I would have to agree. I didn't really feel anything when I hit the button. Felt like a slow N/A bike.

I don't have any safegaurds to shut the nitrous off.

I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box.
post #9 of 34 Old 08-09-2005, 02:38 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Muzzy recommends c-16 be used with his nitrous kit. The place I went to did not have c-16 so I used c-14+ instead. I usually don't run race gas in the bike, but I didn't want to take a chance of blowing a motor because I didn't follow instructions.

My friend that has nitrous on his car says it hits soft. I would have to agree. I didn't really feel anything when I hit the button. Felt like a slow N/A bike.

c-16 is boloney on the amount you are spraying AND the fact that your only going to be spraying for about what 7-8 seconds?? I couls see if you were running top speed blasts or somoething but not at the track..
c-16 may work for you as well if you didn't add any fuel to the pc for NOS.
if your adding fuel through the pc3 AND running c14 (or 16 or whaever) the bike will run like ass..
where was your MPH in comparison to where your normally at??

05 lime green. Sato slip-on, pc3usb, bmc race filter.
"when ya lose site of why ya ride then you've lost what really matters"---THE MOTORHEAD
post #10 of 34 Old 08-10-2005, 12:19 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:

if you didnt feel nothing when you hit your nos its not working right.60 hp on a bike you should really feel it.i hit mine and have to hang on tight or ill fall off.your nos aint working so your running it rich so you are losing power that is what is happening.

Last edited by eric; 08-10-2005 at 12:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in