Hey Susp. Guys!!!..help! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 02-16-2008, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
MIdlife PIMP

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to bodymanruss518
Hey Susp. Guys!!!..help!

I am about to install my Ohlins rear shock.sprung for my weight...and I am wondering if adj. lowering links will be a good addition also???....figure being a little lower to ground would give me more stability and better handling!!..............can anybody give me some info on how the two would work together?.........or is the adj on the Ohlins gonna give me a lower stance?..................???..thanks.many!!.are in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-16-2008, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
MIdlife PIMP

Posting Frequency

mainly a street rider but will get to the track as soon as it permits!.
post #3 of 12 Old 02-16-2008, 10:55 PM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

NOOOOOO, links are for drag racing, not a good idea at all if you plan on doing twisties, lowerin gthe bike will slow steering and toatlly offset any positive handling that the Ohlins shock will give you, look at race bikes ,do you see any slammed road race bikes, I think not, those guys are mostly short little shits too, and most of them have the ride height jacked up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 02-16-2008, 11:04 PM
PJD
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodymanruss518 View Post
I am about to install my Ohlins rear shock.sprung for my weight...and I am wondering if adj. lowering links will be a good addition also???....figure being a little lower to ground would give me more stability and better handling!!..............can anybody give me some info on how the two would work together?.........or is the adj on the Ohlins gonna give me a lower stance?..................???..thanks.many!!.are in advance
WOW who the hell told you lowering a bike would improve handling??
post #5 of 12 Old 02-16-2008, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
MIdlife PIMP

Posting Frequency

cool!.....ok!!.thanks guys!........I didn't think so!.....I am also wanting to mod my forks with some ohlins or other quality internals!...or just replace with Ohlins units..but man!!.they are pricey huh?.............thanks again guys!
post #6 of 12 Old 02-16-2008, 11:24 PM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

Quote:
cool!.....ok!!.thanks guys!........I didn't think so!.....I am also wanting to mod my forks with some ohlins or other quality internals!...or just replace with Ohlins units..but man!!.they are pricey huh?.............thanks again guys!

If you are trying to save only just get the internals, they will work just as good, only look half as cool,
post #7 of 12 Old 02-16-2008, 11:24 PM
PJD
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I would suggest you learn to ride your bike properly first than going out and spending a crap load of money on suspension that your not really going to appreciate right now.
Once you start becoming a smoother and quicker rider, then change over and really put them to some good use.
I think you might be just buying this stuff for a bit of bling and "you've been told" this stuff will make it a better ride.
Again i really am not trying to burst your bubble just trying to get some decent info to you.
post #8 of 12 Old 02-16-2008, 11:36 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Hey there if your wanting to do your front end.
Call Ken at Superbike italia http://www.superbikeitalia.com/

He just did mine repalaced all the stock crap parts with ohlins
good stuff and less then half the price of full set of ohlins forks.
Smiley
post #9 of 12 Old 02-16-2008, 11:46 PM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJD View Post
I would suggest you learn to ride your bike properly first than going out and spending a crap load of money on suspension that your not really going to appreciate right now.
Once you start becoming a smoother and quicker rider, then change over and really put them to some good use.
I think you might be just buying this stuff for a bit of bling and "you've been told" this stuff will make it a better ride.
Again i really am not trying to burst your bubble just trying to get some decent info to you.
Your probably right here, i did not want to try and guess his riding level, because you never can tell, but judging by the orginal post you probably right, 95% of riders (me included) will never out ride the stock suspension.

Nothing wrong with wanting to trick your bike out with a bunch of high end parts, but don't go in counterproductive directions with your parts.
post #10 of 12 Old 02-17-2008, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
MIdlife PIMP

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJD View Post
consider myself a decent rider.........been for a few years, just am now in the position, financial wise to really mod up one of my bikes!.......so I just wanna get the best I can get!......and have been a professional bodyman for 20 years so I just atrribute lowering cars for better handling!........am new to tinkering withthe susp. on one of my bikes!.......thanks guys!.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in