HELP!! Something not right - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 11-19-2008, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

HELP!! Something not right

Hey im a bit lost ..My track bike 05 zx10R last rode it about a month ago at the track rode just fine no problems. I went to start it up today just to start it and I turned the key and the Fi light is on but flashing really fast and I hear a ticking from the main electrical harness just behind the battery it ticks as the light flashes!
Im lost any advise or help...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 11-19-2008, 01:30 AM
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?

Posting Frequency

Count how many times the FI blinks and then report back.
Im thinking battery dead.

post #3 of 28 Old 11-19-2008, 01:35 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

No not your usual Fi blinking a code..Just nonstop fast blinking and tick tick ticking
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 11-19-2008, 01:54 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

moving to "performance and tech"
post #5 of 28 Old 11-19-2008, 02:00 AM
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?

Posting Frequency

Does the noise sound like this ?

https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=66919

post #6 of 28 Old 11-19-2008, 02:07 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

No NO thats just a drained battery sound ect... The actual electrical main harness just behind the battery where you have your main plugs is ticking everytime the Fi light flashes
post #7 of 28 Old 11-19-2008, 02:32 AM
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?

Posting Frequency

Hrm... if it sounds like a "zap" kinda tick, then something is lose and actually sparking to make that sound. Have you checked all the connections yet ?

If its humming, then the relay could be bad.
Bypass the relay, then try to start the bike.

post #8 of 28 Old 11-19-2008, 02:33 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

I don't know...more details...what are you saying?...is the bike on/off ...are you saying you just turn the Ignition switch to on and the F1 light blinks without hitting the starter button or is the bike actually on? because I try not to assume is why you need to be CLEAR what you did. ......and it makes my head hurt because there is no F1 code even though that light turns on when you turn the key to just on without starting the bike... and there is NO main Harness in "front of the plugs" so WTF the code only comes on when you ground the diagnostic wire

Ok, give up what your talking and my guess from the blind is it's a Ticking Noise associated with the Relay Box and if that is bad it could cause the F1 light flicking as well but not sure as always it's hard to troubleshoot over the Internet especailly with a few 1 liner sentences that don't give all the Info.
post #9 of 28 Old 11-19-2008, 02:34 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky10R View Post
Hrm... if it sounds like a "zap" kinda tick, then something is lose and actually sparking to make that sound. Have you checked all the connections yet ?

If its humming, then the relay could be bad.
Bypass the relay, then try to start the bike.
lol ur not getting me
post #10 of 28 Old 11-19-2008, 02:37 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
I don't know...more details...what are you saying?...is the bike on/off ...are you saying you just turn the Ignition switch to on and the F1 light blinks without hitting the starter button or is the bike actually on? because I try not to assume is why you need to be CLEAR what you did. ......and it makes my head hurt because there is no F1 code even though that light turns on when you turn the key to just on without starting the bike... and there is NO main Harness in "front of the plugs" so WTF the code only comes on when you ground the diagnostic wire

Ok, give up what your talking and my guess from the blind is it's a Ticking Noise associated with the Relay Box and if that is bad it could cause the F1 light flicking as well but not sure as always it's hard to troubleshoot over the Internet especailly with a few 1 liner sentences that don't give all the Info.
Ok here we go again 05 zx10R.........Put key in ignition turn key...Then the Fi light flashes hella fast and a ticking noise tick tick tick everytime the light flashes the tick sound ticks lol...Now the sound is coming from the main electrical harness right behind...above the battery its the harness with three different plugs going into it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in