WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

help me decide

I have a PC USB + DJ Quickshift + Ivans TRE already

I want to fix the speed error and want gear indicator fo sho

should I get

A. Speedo healer + Gear indicator + wideband commander

or

B. Dynojet LCD + HUB + wideband commander.

I know that I can get gear info with option B but can I calibrate the speedo with gps using the hub/ lcd or does is just the range ?

Last edited by CMG; 02-17-2007 at 10:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 02-17-2007, 10:27 PM

Posting Frequency

me wants to know as well
post #3 of 13 Old 02-17-2007, 10:27 PM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to garth285
why do you want the wideband commander, just wondering?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 02-17-2007, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
CMG
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

it lets you tune your bike in real world conditions as opposed to a dyno which does not take into account ram air and other variables
post #5 of 13 Old 02-17-2007, 10:47 PM

Posting Frequency

I would call and speak with a reputable Dynojet represenative about your concerns. Personally from all of the discussions i have had, and real world experience on dyno's and with many many other people with dyno work; the maps made on the dyno void of "ram air" and other real world conditions as you call them; still work perfectly.

One thing i was told my the dyno tuner is that it is truely difficult to take into account ram air. As if you are in 5th gear at 8,000rpm; or 2nd gear at 8,000 rpm the "ram air" effect is going to be quite different as the velocity of the bike in 2nd or 6th at that rpm is going to be extremely different.

That said, unless you have the ability to build independant maps for each gear (as some Yoshi EMS units could do i think), doing what you are wanting to do may not be practicle because of the air pressure differences of different speeds.

Not sure if that makes any sense.

But mostly; the real world applications ive seen are that bikes tuned on the dyno by someone who knows what they are doing run quite well. Hell; bikes with a generic "exhaust" map run quite well.

Hope this helps shed some light for ya.
post #6 of 13 Old 02-18-2007, 08:39 AM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMG
it lets you tune your bike in real world conditions as opposed to a dyno which does not take into account ram air and other variables
Then the proper thing to do is forget about mapping and retrofit closed-loop control: https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31134

I got shat on in that thread because it's not a wide-band sensor, but you don't need a wide-band sensor to operate a normal gasoline engine (your car doesn't have one unless it's something unusual); see discussion in that thread.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
post #7 of 13 Old 02-18-2007, 10:14 AM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

yeah i know all of that i tune bikes and cars alot. i was jsut wonddering why you would go with dynojets wideband. I have checked out their data logging software and its not to great at all, kinda hard to get the data from it with rpm and throttlr position.

you should check into the LM1 from innovate or the WEGO II from Daytona sensors Im running the wego 2, it has a digital jeads up display and is the most compact one of them all.

Dyno tuning is always nice though also cause you can get it real close and what we always do is richen it up alot at peak rpms to take in account for ram air.

good luck man
post #8 of 13 Old 02-18-2007, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
CMG
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I am still researching Wideband commanders and have not made up my mind. I was leaning towards DJ because of my familiarity with them

I am using a TRE which tricks the bike in to thinking it is in 5 or 6 gear, so doing individual maps is out unless, I rip that the TRE out and put a Ignition commander + dyno time +( will still have the environment variances I am looking to smooth over)

I think I am going to look into the closed loop thing to suit what I want from it. ( if it stands up to scrutiny )

Now can someone anwser my Q about the sppedo clibration.

Last edited by CMG; 02-18-2007 at 03:24 PM.
post #9 of 13 Old 02-19-2007, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
CMG
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Question:

Would'nt the Kleen air system throw-off the off the wideband commander the same as the closed loop system ? i.e to install a wb commander I would need to do the kleen air mod ?
post #10 of 13 Old 02-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

you should take off the kleen air system no matter what. Its pretty much usless but I can tell you that under acceleration, the valve shuts off so it wont pick up any additional air.

Im sure the powercommander wideband would work jsut fine though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in