Help! Bike won't start! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 07-16-2005, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Help! Bike won't start!

About a month ago, I low-sided the 10r on its right side. I have the Shogun sliders, so the damage was very minor considering the bike slid across two lanes. Luckily there were no cars in the in coming lane. Anyway, the only two big things that need replacing were the lower right side cowl, and the small engine case, thankfully the big case wasn't touched. The case was just slightly cracked nothing big. So yesterday the parts finally come, and I install it. I changed the oil and did a one over before putting the key in. I turn the key and the lights come on, and the fuel pump starts to make the regular screaming sound. I start her up and everything is fine. I let her run for about 30 secs and then she just shuts off. I tried to start her again, but she won't turn over. BTW, I noticed that the oil light was on the whole 30 secs the bike was running.

The lights and the instrument panel all work fine, I check the battery, it is fine. WTF! It is at the Kawak dealership now. So I'm awaiting anxiously now for a diagnosis. This ever happen to any of you guys before. Thanks in advance for any input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-16-2005, 01:38 AM

Posting Frequency

the dealer has it?,, they'll take care of you,,, but it will cost you the $$$$$$$$$$. bummer man!!!
post #3 of 11 Old 07-16-2005, 02:14 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Bike is still under warranty. So hopefully it won't cost me. But I'm afraid they are going to find someway to blame it on. Like saying I might have caused the problem with my crash. I just can't figure what could be wrong. I've crashed a few different bikes over the years, and they came out worst, but everytime they started right up after. This was so minor that nothing so be wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 07-16-2005, 02:48 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndKawasakiOwner
Bike is still under warranty. So hopefully it won't cost me. But I'm afraid they are going to find someway to blame it on. Like saying I might have caused the problem with my crash. I just can't figure what could be wrong. I've crashed a few different bikes over the years, and they came out worst, but everytime they started right up after. This was so minor that nothing so be wrong.
could be a loose wire somewhere or your kick stand switch could be messed up.i wreaked a 900rr and it started and then quit. it was my plugs.it could be anything.
post #5 of 11 Old 07-16-2005, 10:55 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

did you have enough gas?

"Lead, Follow, or get the hell outta my way!!"

Blue 2004 ZX-10R
- 152.5rwhp 77.6rwtq - more than I need

Red 2003 Jack ROUSH Classic #8 of 50
- 375rwhp 381rwtq
post #6 of 11 Old 07-16-2005, 11:12 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

moved to performance & Tech

--
"Bottom line, when I'm on that bike, it's just me and God...And He better be holding on."- Stillie on SSB

Si vis pacem, para bellum...

El Diablo
post #7 of 11 Old 07-17-2005, 12:54 AM

Posting Frequency

tell us what they find,, you might be right,,, they will find away do blam u because of the crash,, no matter how minor... hope they dont.
post #8 of 11 Old 07-17-2005, 08:34 PM

Posting Frequency

i think the bike has fuses under the seat,,, did u check them?
post #9 of 11 Old 07-18-2005, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Checked the fuses, they were fine. It could be anything. Broken stand sensor, burnt plugs, fried starter, there could be a million things wrong. Dam why my bike!
post #10 of 11 Old 07-18-2005, 01:22 PM

Posting Frequency

Good luck to you and for a cheap fix to your situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in