HEL SS brake lines - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 02-23-2010, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

HEL SS brake lines

Before I post the info I wanted to ask if it's okay if I post up a deal I got on HEL brake lines. I got a group buy set up with an authorized HEL dealer and it's on until April. The dealer ships directly to the customer no middle man. I just got the ball rolling. If it's okay I'll post all the details. If not any mods please feel free to delete this thread.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 02-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to garth285
Nice how much will a set run??? I need to get new lines for my bike.
post #3 of 13 Old 02-23-2010, 11:08 PM
Newfie Bullet

Posting Frequency

Garage
Im ordering direct from manufacture,buck 20 a set..free shipping to canada..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 02-24-2010, 01:00 AM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

they are $100 shipped from the guy that the guy above has a connection at.
post #5 of 13 Old 02-24-2010, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I'll post it here anyway. If it's not allowed please just delete it . I've had some PM's about interest in these so here's the info.

The company is in the UK and they are an authorized dealer for HEL brake lines. Over the past few years I've purchased two sets of lines from them and even at full price I thought they were a bargain. The guys name is John Arthur and the company is CMS. The regular price (depeding on the value of our dollar at the time you buy) is about $130US for a set including shipping. That's for two full length front lines and a rear in the color of your choice and you can pick from a few colors of banjo fittings also. You can also have the over the front fender setup if your bike comes that way stock and you would like the same setup. I've talked to the guy about trying to get a group buy together and he agreed to give anyone a discount but felt it was better for everyone to buy the lines on their own so if for some reason there are any problems the customer can deal directly with John himself and not have to go through a middle man. If you put the word FORUM in the discount box online you will get the set for about $100 including shipping. They accept paypal also. Discount is gonna be on til April. On the last two sets I bought I got them in just over a week and both times package was marked as "sample" so no import fees. This was just something extra the seller did I didn't ask for it.

http://www.cms-motorcycle-parts.com/

Here's a pic of the available colors of the lines. The banjo fittings you can only get plain stainless, black, blue, red or gold. And all of the bolts are plain stainless also.

And again sorry if I'm not allowed to post this here. Mods feel free to delete it. I was just trying to pass along a good deal to the forum members here.
post #6 of 13 Old 02-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

wow great deal, anyone know what the difference between the race and the or the standard setup? same installation?
post #7 of 13 Old 02-25-2010, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwein View Post
wow great deal, anyone know what the difference between the race and the or the standard setup? same installation?
This is taken from their site.

(S) - STANDS FOR STANDARD SET UP - THIS MEANS WHAT THE BIKE WAS LIKE FROM THE FACTORY - NORMALLY 3 OR 4 LINES AT THE FRONT THAT COME FROM A SPLITTER, AND 1 AT THE REAR. PLEASE CHOOSE THE CORRECT OPTION BOX DEPENDING ON THE AMOUNT OF LINES NEEDED.

(O) - STANDS FOR OVER THE MUDGUARD, IF YOUR BIKE CAME FROM THE FACTORY LIKE THAT.

(F) - THIS IS THE FULL RACE SET UP. 2 LINES AT THE FRONT STRAIGHT FROM THE MASTER CYLINDER TO THE CALIPERS, 1 ON THE LEFT AND 1 ON THE RIGHT. YOU ALSO GET 1 REAR BRAKE LINE. THIS IS THE SAME SET UP AS THE MOTO GP USE AND ALSO OTHER RACE BIKES. IT IMPROVES YOUR BRAKING PERFORMANCE.
post #8 of 13 Old 02-26-2010, 09:01 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I think im going to pick up a race setup, the website quotes me 91 dollars shipped for front and rear lines!!! if these are as high quality as i have been reading this is the best deal on the net right now!
post #9 of 13 Old 02-26-2010, 10:46 AM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

I have been running HEL's for the past 3 years with no worries what so ever!!!! They are great lines and I can fully contest to that :-)
post #10 of 13 Old 03-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

just ordered set of SS look front and rear lines with silver banjo bolts for 98.02 shipped to MA from the UK incredible deal, i will let everyone know how they look like when they arrive. i assume a few weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in