Headlights not turning on, Help! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-30-2009, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Headlights not turning on, Help!

I just bought DDM Hid's (high and low beam on an 05 zx10), I ran the bike for about 4 days no problems. Today I leave work and the headlights dont turn on! Luckily it was during the day, but I checked all the wires, everything seems fine. Fuses look ok too. I even put back in the stock bulbs to see if those would turn on, but of course not. Any advise? They are 35w (both) 5000k hid's if you were wondering

"The world is made of two types of people: riders and everyone else. In a country full of lawsuits, threat levels, child proof caps, rules and regulations, owning a motorcycle is one of the last ways to give the middle finger to society's expectation that we constantly be caged and protected. We all want our machines to be a representation of ourselves. Those that ride know being on a motorcycle is not just about getting from point A to B."
John Zamora - Super Streetbike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-30-2009, 08:30 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

the fuses "LOOK" ok?
post #3 of 7 Old 11-30-2009, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Yeah, nothings wrong with them

"The world is made of two types of people: riders and everyone else. In a country full of lawsuits, threat levels, child proof caps, rules and regulations, owning a motorcycle is one of the last ways to give the middle finger to society's expectation that we constantly be caged and protected. We all want our machines to be a representation of ourselves. Those that ride know being on a motorcycle is not just about getting from point A to B."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-30-2009, 08:34 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

did you pull the one that says headlight and confirmed that the filament is intact?
post #5 of 7 Old 11-30-2009, 08:45 PM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

I almost gaurantee its a fuze, you need to replace the 10amp with a 15amp, the reason; the DDM kit pulls 12.4amps at start up then drops below 10amps once the lights are up and running, I had to figure that out after blowing a couple of fuzes then doing some research on how much amperage the ballasts draw. It could be also the DDM kits are notorious for being wriwired wrong on the harness, where it plugs up to the stoch harness, its as simple as switching the wires around in the plug if you want them to fasten properly, or you can just plug them in backwards and the retainer tabs on the plug will be opiisite of the clip, but still will stay put, I switched the wires around inside the plug.

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
post #6 of 7 Old 11-30-2009, 09:09 PM
MIdlife PIMP

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to bodymanruss518
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9r to 10r View Post
i almost gaurantee its a fuze, you need to replace the 10amp with a 15amp, the reason; the ddm kit pulls 12.4amps at start up then drops below 10amps once the lights are up and running, i had to figure that out after blowing a couple of fuzes then doing some research on how much amperage the ballasts draw. It could be also the ddm kits are notorious for being wriwired wrong on the harness, where it plugs up to the stoch harness, its as simple as switching the wires around in the plug if you want them to fasten properly, or you can just plug them in backwards and the retainer tabs on the plug will be opiisite of the clip, but still will stay put, i switched the wires around inside the plug.

Better to have a gun and not need one, than to need a gun and not have one!!.......

you can lose money chasing women, but,......
you'll never lose women chasing money!!....
post #7 of 7 Old 11-30-2009, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Yup, it was a fuse. Thougt is was ok but took a closer look this time. I put a 15 in replacement of the 10. Thanks a bunch 9R!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in