GPR steering Damper - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 03-12-2005, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

GPR steering Damper

ok guys, I bought a used GPR steering damper (I know bad Idea) I can't figure out if this thing is just wore out or Im using it wrong. Is 6 the hardest setting ?? I didn't get instructions. can you buy rebuild kits for these things ???

any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Rich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-12-2005, 09:58 PM
Hillbillie Mod

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to hillcountry10r
You can send it to GPR to get rebuilt. you could probably DIYS but you could call them anyway. It is only for high speed dampening though, so it may not really feel like its doing so much at low speeds.

https://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4992

BTW, I may have the directions at home I could send you them if you like...however, if you called GPR, they would probably have directions to send you, and I found the customer service to be quite helpful and friendly.

For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil full of deadly poison.
James 3:7,8

post #3 of 13 Old 03-12-2005, 11:28 PM
OG Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to stunnerific_harry
yes 6 is the hardest setting. i usually ride with 2-3. im not sure about rebuild kits but i know if it leaks fluid or anything they should take care of it. it has some special gear oil or something. but you wanna stay away from the 6 cuz its gonna be hard

Kip: Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
Pedro: Yes. I don't understand... they say you're not allowed to have pinatas that look like real people, but in Mexico, we do it all the time.
Pedro: Vote for me, and all your wildest dreams will come true.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 03-12-2005, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillcountry10r
You can send it to GPR to get rebuilt. you could probably DIYS but you could call them anyway. It is only for high speed dampening though, so it may not really feel like its doing so much at low speeds.

https://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4992

BTW, I may have the directions at home I could send you them if you like...however, if you called GPR, they would probably have directions to send you, and I found the customer service to be quite helpful and friendly.
I can set it on 6 and still move the wheel just fine, I don't think it's doing much, if anything.

btw, thanks for the help. I will probably just call them.
post #5 of 13 Old 03-12-2005, 11:45 PM
OG Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to stunnerific_harry
yeah your probably gonna have to send it in to them and have them check it out

Kip: Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
Pedro: Yes. I don't understand... they say you're not allowed to have pinatas that look like real people, but in Mexico, we do it all the time.
Pedro: Vote for me, and all your wildest dreams will come true.
post #6 of 13 Old 03-14-2005, 11:18 AM

Posting Frequency

you aren't supposed to feel it so you can still do slow speed manuevers; however, GPR site used to day the first rebuild is on them...after than you pay...each damper has a serial number.
post #7 of 13 Old 03-15-2005, 08:34 AM

Posting Frequency

If I put my GPR on 6 you can bearly move the bars, so I would say you need to send it in. I had mine redone when I switched it over to the 10r (from my KTM) so I know its OK. Give them a call there great to work with.
post #8 of 13 Old 03-15-2005, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by markj
If I put my GPR on 6 you can bearly move the bars, so I would say you need to send it in. I had mine redone when I switched it over to the 10r (from my KTM) so I know its OK. Give them a call there great to work with.
You are correct, I even told them the truth about me buying it used and they said send it and they will rebuild it for free and send it back, what a great company!
post #9 of 13 Old 03-16-2005, 09:37 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I just sent them mine in last month and they will rebuild them once a year for free. When I sent mine in they sent me the newer model. The new one had 8 adj on it now and anything past 5 and you will barely be able to move the bars and on 8 forget it, they will not move. They said that they are making this one unit for everything from 4 wheelers to litre bike. They tested the new model on the baja race and said it came back without one leak, compaired to mine that usually leaks after a couple of months of use.
post #10 of 13 Old 03-16-2005, 12:41 PM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARSZX10R
You are correct, I even told them the truth about me buying it used and they said send it and they will rebuild it for free and send it back, what a great company!
Yea I didnt think it would.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in