post #2 of 10 Old 07-18-2007, 04:45 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Nice find. Thanks for sharing
post #3 of 10 Old 07-18-2007, 04:47 PM
GP Rider

Location: Used to be Candler, NC/ Then HELL in Del Rio, Tx/ Now Blaine, WA
Posting Frequency

Nice read, thats some good spreads on HP.

Wondering in HP limited classes how much head scratching goes on trying to tune a bike to close to class limit then getting to the track and having to retune it cause your high.... or worse yet have it ok in the morning, then fail a post race Dyno.

Liberal-- A person who is so open minded that their brains have fallen out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 07-18-2007, 04:49 PM
inappropriate

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to hesaves0211
thats good info

1ST GEN-10R 234hp/[email protected], GT2871RS, cometic gasket, tial bov/ex wastegate, BEGI FMU, WALBRO fuel pump,falicon clutch basket,race pak clutch,200/50 pilot,yana-shiki levers,.net wristband, WEGO III,PC3,GPR damper,cbr cals/Galfer SS brake lines,gp shift,1/5 throttle, 2NDARIES REMOVED <<click for how-to, *R.I.P D.J 10 Apr 04*
post #5 of 10 Old 07-18-2007, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

I have been to a couple of Moto ST races and seen a lot of head scratching with the techs after dyno runs.
post #6 of 10 Old 07-18-2007, 07:37 PM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to garth285
ahhh thank the lord someone has finally put out some more info of this! I wish everyone knew about this. Great find FAF!!!!!
post #7 of 10 Old 07-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to garth285
Well I was able to read threw the whole thing and I am truely glad someone finally published something like this.....believe me I love dynojet stuff liek power commander ign module and HUB but their dyno's have always varied way to much and since i have been operating a factory pro dyno which we have in a fully mobile set up capable of doing atvs as well. the results are always similar. we have had bike after bike come up and have gotten similar results like with r1's we see the same exact power drop mid range and they produce same power stock vs stock.

From what I understand dynojets got real popular with the vmaxx when they claimed 100hp or something and everyone was amazed but it was on a dynojet which is basically an accelermoeter.

In the future if i own my own shop I will try and get a factory pro, I love them and they show actual numbers!
post #8 of 10 Old 07-19-2007, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

I think the article said a lot in regards to what the consumer wants, I looked at factory pro dynos when I had my shop in Jupiter and it really was the way to go, but customers in general dont want to see low numbers , most of the time they just want a dyno sheet and have bragging rights.

There is a strange mentality with the sportbike population in general , its very rare you will see a Muzzy pipe on a Gixxer ,although Muzzy do their research , and the same for Yoshi on Kawasakis, you see a little more of that , but they have been branded because of their racing associations, even if the pipes make better power .

Very strange.
post #9 of 10 Old 07-19-2007, 11:41 AM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAF View Post
I think the article said a lot in regards to what the consumer wants, I looked at factory pro dynos when I had my shop in Jupiter and it really was the way to go, but customers in general dont want to see low numbers , most of the time they just want a dyno sheet and have bragging rights.

There is a strange mentality with the sportbike population in general , its very rare you will see a Muzzy pipe on a Gixxer ,although Muzzy do their research , and the same for Yoshi on Kawasakis, you see a little more of that , but they have been branded because of their racing associations, even if the pipes make better power .

Very strange.
Absolutely. When I did the first dyno on my 10 with a PCIII and TRE I expected it would be higher than 150 because that is what it should be stock. I was surprised it only made 149hp and 74 torque. So now when I hear someone saying "I got 180hp with pipes and a PCIII." I say

I think the article alluded to the fact that these are really only effective benchmarking tools for modifications. The real test is on the track as to how well the power that actually exists is applied and modified by the map. Dynoing for max power may leave you flat in some gears. I am sure at pro levels they are tuning at a track specific level just like gearing changes for a given track. The benefits of this seem pretty obvious.

Good find FAF.
post #10 of 10 Old 07-19-2007, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

This was my reasoning for going with a programmable Lambda closed loop, get a good dyno baseline and then do my own tweaks with a proper programmable ECU.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in