going up 1th front? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 04-28-2008, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
inappropriate

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to hesaves0211
going up 1th front? turbo swb

ill be turbo'ing the bike this summer. in between reinforcing the clutch basket and installing stiffer springs id like to modify the gearing to accommodate its stock wheel base. doing so, this should help maintain power delivery and reduce the front from pointing upward upon mild acceleration therefore i will be able to use the turbo more effectively during roll-on's (ultimately owning most other non-turbo'd bikes). i know, its going to be wheelie madness but if its to unappealing ill just buy a cycle concept 3-6 next summer.
fyi, it will primarily be a street bike with little strip time running 5-6psi on stock internals (for the time being).
my question, has anyone had experience running 1 up in the front with a 525 chain? what should the estimated top speed in first be? i dont have any turbo experience, recommendations?

1ST GEN-10R 234hp/[email protected], GT2871RS, cometic gasket, tial bov/ex wastegate, BEGI FMU, WALBRO fuel pump,falicon clutch basket,race pak clutch,200/50 pilot,yana-shiki levers,.net wristband, WEGO III,PC3,GPR damper,cbr cals/Galfer SS brake lines,gp shift,1/5 throttle, 2NDARIES REMOVED <<click for how-to, *R.I.P D.J 10 Apr 04*

Last edited by hesaves0211; 04-28-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 04-28-2008, 11:33 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesaves0211 View Post
ill be turbo'ing the bike this summer. in between reinforcing the clutch basket and installing stiffer springs id like to modify the gearing to accommodate its stock wheel base. doing so, this should help maintain power delivery and reduce the front from pointing upward upon mild acceleration therefore i will be able to use the turbo more effectively during roll-on's (ultimately owning most other non-turbo'd bikes). i know, its going to be wheelie madness but if its to unappealing ill just buy a cycle concept 3-6 next summer.
fyi, it will primarily be a street bike with little strip time running 5-6psi on stock internals (for the time being).
my question, has anyone had experience running 1 up in the front with a 525 chain? what should the estimated top speed in first be? i dont have any turbo experience, recommendations?
id say first gear with that should take you way past 100 since they do that with factory gearing, if my guess, true speed in first with a 18t sprocket would be around 105-110 but thats just a guess btw im gonna go book my flight so i can come ride this thing bro

post #3 of 15 Old 04-28-2008, 11:38 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Yeah...I would think about 110 with the front wheel violently leaving the ground sounds right...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 04-28-2008, 11:41 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

http://www.gearingcommander.com/ will tell all about your gearing vs speed.
post #5 of 15 Old 04-29-2008, 05:04 AM Thread Starter
inappropriate

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to hesaves0211
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversv1k View Post
id say first gear with that should take you way past 100 since they do that with factory gearing, if my guess, true speed in first with a 18t sprocket would be around 105-110 but thats just a guess btw im gonna go book my flight so i can come ride this thing bro
thats what i was thinking. ill be selling tickets to ride it for a price but youll have to sign a release for legal reasons ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX-10R_Sinner View Post
Yeah...I would think about 110 with the front wheel violently leaving the ground sounds right...
yea, most likely. it will be inevitable. and no matter what i want to hear, ill need to stretch it at least 3'' to use the power. im sure w swb a 1300 will roll on me because i wont be able to put the power to the ground once it boost

1ST GEN-10R 234hp/[email protected], GT2871RS, cometic gasket, tial bov/ex wastegate, BEGI FMU, WALBRO fuel pump,falicon clutch basket,race pak clutch,200/50 pilot,yana-shiki levers,.net wristband, WEGO III,PC3,GPR damper,cbr cals/Galfer SS brake lines,gp shift,1/5 throttle, 2NDARIES REMOVED <<click for how-to, *R.I.P D.J 10 Apr 04*
post #6 of 15 Old 04-29-2008, 05:13 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

you guys are crazy...there is a limit for First gear by the internals and Redline...do some of you know the fastest bike stock Busa that did well over 190mph can't to 100mph in first gear(like a Stock 10R) and the Busa is equivalent to a -16t ZX10R in first gear?...adding gear good luck you will run out of RPM first but most likely gearing.
post #7 of 15 Old 04-29-2008, 05:18 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
adding gear good luck you will run out of RPM first but most likely gearing.
huh are you a lil

post #8 of 15 Old 04-29-2008, 05:24 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
huh are you a lil
meaning not faster that 105mph 1st Gear...yeah maybe i'm sleepy..good luck with that don't forget the transmission.
post #9 of 15 Old 04-29-2008, 05:28 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
meaning not faster that 105mph 1st Gear...yeah maybe i'm sleepy..good luck with that don't forget the transmission.
y because the internal first gear is limited it doesnt matter what the overall gear ratio is? is that what you meant?

post #10 of 15 Old 04-29-2008, 05:30 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
y because the internal first gear is limited it doesnt matter what the overall gear ratio is? is that what you meant?
yep....I think some of you guys that can do over 100mph in first gear are spoiled .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in