Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Gipro Tre

1K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  craig_sez 
#1 ·
Im thinking about getting a Gipro TRE. Looking for feed back. Is it worth the money?. I put a PCIII on my old CBR1000RR and I thought it was kinda a waiste of money. didnt really notice a difference. Ive heard that the TRE is almost like going up a couple teeth in the back.

#4 ·
This was posted up like a week ago.

Try a search.

Recently I've heard it depends on your riding style...some love it and some don't like it so much.

If you do a lot of hard riding or racing they say it helps a lot. I've heard the gear indicator is very finicky at certain speeds. I bought one and then decided to sell it...didn't think it was for me or worth my time to install at this time. Maybe in an upcoming year or so.

All in all it's a good mod for a cheap price. I don't know if it's quite like going up a few teeth in the back. If you want acceleration this won't help you as much as changing a sprocket...at least that's what I've understood.

#5 ·
It definately changed my bike when I turned it on, though not exactly the way I think it was intended. My bike seemed to lose power in certain rpms and be finicky about running right in certain modes. In mode one from a stop it is a brute but in the mid to upper rev range it sputters. Don't know what that is. Mode two is horrid, no power whatsoever anywhere. I just turned it off and use the gear indicator, who is cool.:thumbsup: Though it too is sometimes aggravating, not telling the correct gear. Most of the time it is good though.

#6 ·
put one in my 10, it seems to wake up alot sooner, little bit of spark-knock because it's on full advance so you can't jump on it to hard belowe 20mph but beside that you got the power were you need it(you will feel a differance). i've been told that you cpuld richen up the feul with a powercommander to illiminate the spark-knock

#9 ·
Mega post on this. Should be an easy search.

I have one. Red readout, but thinking blue would be cool.

Works awesome. Only time it ever has missed a beat is on the track when I'm shifting without the clutch.
Have it set an mapped on position #1.

Ya, its a cool mod. I find myself using the gear indicator much more than I thought I would. :eek:ccasion1

#10 ·
the tre actually dont do shit...Now in my case i had my bike mapped w/o the tre on...once it was mapped the local draggers(mega experience and highly reguarded around here)with dyno and dyno jet software,tried it with tre on...no gains at all...hp/torque actually went down a hp or two..They looked to see if the tre would change the mapping..nothin..it all stayed the same...So imho...$150 is a bit steep for a gear indicator..

#13 ·
From what I have read (I am not an expert) the TRE will eliminate the timing retard at engine speeds below 5000 rpm. Factory ignition is programmed with a timing retard to "tame the beast" making the bike more streetable. A TRE will eliminate (depending on what settings it is on) the factory programmed timing retard. Basically "waking up the beast", allowing all usable power to be applied to the rear wheel. TRE will not add horespower, I will take an educated guess and say that an RPM curve on a dyno should be different at lower RPMs (ex. stock at 2500RPM might be 50hp, TRE at 2500RPM might be 65hp). And this might produce a choppy power curve as well. Bike is not necessarly making more horespower just allowing all the horespower the engine can produce to be used throughout the power band.

#15 ·
Below 5 g.....well i find it knocks(when hard on the fuel) from about 2500 and up to about 4-5 g with the tre on...Im usin 97 oct fuel...so i gues its useless..I still luv my gear indicator..

#17 ·
I thought you werent using your gipro ever since you got a custom tune on your bike??? You told us that the unit was making you lose power?:dontknow:

#18 ·
im not usin it..this was b4 i installed my beet and had it remapped..I did lose hp..was like 1 or 2..that was during the dyno runs...The knocking was from when i had my two bro on and mapped days..Havent used the tre sence a cpl weeks now..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.