GiPro and exhaust - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 01-12-2008, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

GiPro and exhaust

I put my leo vince exhaust on, and GiPro and sounds awesome. I really like the gear indicator which was main reason for getting Gipro. But, i tried the hard setting today on the tre and it makes a pretty big difference on take off. I will try the soft setting tomorrow. I will post pics tomorrow of new stuff installed lately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-12-2008, 08:50 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Watch your MPG avg. Mine went way down after adding my Gi ( hitting it harder i guess).Only using hard setting didnt bother with soft. I also removed the 2nd ary plates. Do you have an air filter in it yet? let me know how soft setting works for ya.
post #3 of 10 Old 01-12-2008, 09:22 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ligitninjas View Post
Watch your MPG avg. Mine went way down after adding my Gi ( hitting it harder i guess).Only using hard setting didnt bother with soft. I also removed the 2nd ary plates. Do you have an air filter in it yet? let me know how soft setting works for ya.

All the Gipro does is open the seconday flies sooner. If you have removed them, then the GiPro is just a gear indicator.

The TRE does nothing to the timing whatsoever except the timing of the secondarys opening.

Stock is about 6000 RPMS the secondays open fully (same as Gipro OFF)

GiPro soft opens them fully around 4500 RPMS

Gipro Hard opens them fully around 3000 RPMS

If you have removed the secondary flies, then the GiPro does nothing but indicate what gear your in.

Sorry, but in spite of what you may have thought or been told, thats what the GiPro and Ivans TRE's do. They do NOTHING to the ignition timming.

Your better off leaving the secondarys in and using the GiPro on Hard which is exactly the same as Ivans TRE.

Anything else is just a placebo effect.

I recommend AGAINST removing the secondarys, not needed if you have a GiPro or TRE. Better throttle response with the secondays in till 3000 RPMs then FULL speed ahead.

JJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 01-12-2008, 10:15 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I trust ya JJ. The 2nds were all ready out when I went to put in the gipro I did want a gear ind. Should I put them back in when ever I have it apart again?
post #5 of 10 Old 01-13-2008, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

im leaving the secondary plates in. I probably will leave GiPro on hard setting, but want to see what the soft setting is. I am getting bmc filter and pcIII next. I really like the gear indicator. Can see it very clearly also.
post #6 of 10 Old 01-13-2008, 01:07 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJam View Post
All the Gipro does is open the seconday flies sooner. If you have removed them, then the GiPro is just a gear indicator.

The TRE does nothing to the timing whatsoever except the timing of the secondarys opening.

If you have removed the secondary flies, then the GiPro does nothing but indicate what gear your in.

Sorry, but in spite of what you may have thought or been told, thats what the GiPro and Ivans TRE's do. They do NOTHING to the ignition timming.

Your better off leaving the secondarys in and using the GiPro on Hard which is exactly the same as Ivans TRE.

I recommend AGAINST removing the secondarys, not needed if you have a GiPro or TRE. Better throttle response with the secondays in till 3000 RPMs then FULL speed ahead.

JJ
Very well put JJ Your statement should become a sticky because this topic is discussed often.
post #7 of 10 Old 01-13-2008, 06:07 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

yeah, that explained the tre better than what i have read before. thanks for help
post #8 of 10 Old 02-21-2008, 09:19 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJam View Post

JJ

JJ, the above is very enlightening. Thank you.

May I ask the source of your information?

I ordered a GiPro today from Cali-sportbike.

No more looking for "7th" gear!

Dave
Bradenton Fl

Last edited by Dave Bogue; 03-08-2008 at 06:10 PM.
post #9 of 10 Old 02-21-2008, 03:58 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm for JJ's post being a stick.
I did not know this. Thanks for the post.
post #10 of 10 Old 03-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

The GiPro is installed on my '06. I like it very much. It immediately displays a gear change and is accurate.

I will play with the intensity of the LED. It has 10 levels of adjustment, 9 of which it changes brightness based on ambient light. The adjustment is easy to do. Since I virtually never ride at night (Sunday morning group rides!), I have adjusted it to the highest intensity, disabling the auto brightness controller.

First day impression: The engine definitely responds to the TRE.......improved low rpm felt torque.

When the TRE is adjusted to the "hard" setting, the engine pings! My guess is the A/F is lean and the PC requires a remap to compensate. Have others experienced this too?

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in