Gen4 reflash with oem exhaust - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 08-21-2018, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Gen4 reflash with oem exhaust

I have searched and searched the forums with no luck outlining specifically if you can plug a reflashed ECU in and ride the bike with an OEM exhaust....I have found bits of information about unhooking servos, drilling out cats,blocking off tubes under the tank...Does anyone know if I can plug in a Ghule flasheed ECU into my bone stock 2013 ZX-10R and go ride it as is?

Can someone break down exactly what I need to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-22-2018, 07:58 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
You can literally do anything with the fueling on your bike... it's just a matter of what kind of performance you're looking for. I would personally recommend you remove the CAT and stock exhaust all together and get a 3/4 system. M4 is pretty inexpensive and it sounds good if you want good bang for buck. Also the Guhl flash removes all servo-motor engine codes so you can definitely remove that thing with no issues.

If you retain the stock exhaust I can bet your system will be running extremely rich on the Guhl map, but there's nothing stopping you from dropping it in and driving if you don't mind shooting flames and garbage fuel economy. But again if you want to do the right thing on a budget... I would suggest getting a cheap cat-deleting slip-on and you'll at least be that much closer to optimal.

When in doubt... send it!

Last edited by ddipaola; 08-22-2018 at 08:06 AM.
post #3 of 7 Old 08-22-2018, 08:25 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I believe a flashed ecu completely disables the exhaust servo rather than eliminating the light. So if you were to throw it on with stock exhaust you would have to disconnect the cables at the cat that open and close the servo. There is a spring attached so it stays open when disconnected. But like ddipaola said you would be running really rich for a catted exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 08-22-2018, 08:58 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnG View Post
I believe a flashed ecu completely disables the exhaust servo rather than eliminating the light. So if you were to throw it on with stock exhaust you would have to disconnect the cables at the cat that open and close the servo. There is a spring attached so it stays open when disconnected. But like ddipaola said you would be running really rich for a catted exhaust.
That makes more sense it'd be completely disabled
If you're on a budget and want to keep the stock exhaust then check this out:
https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/m...-zx-10r-16-17/

"Will fit up to the stock muffler or most aftermarket slip ons"
For $116 + free US shipping... don't waste your time swiss-cheesing the CAT, killing your afternoon, making a mess, toasting your drill bits, and possibly making it sound worse. Also M4 has a CAT eliminating Street Slayer muffler if you want to change the look completely - $360 on Amazon. I had M4 on my previous CBR and it was pretty satisfying. It's loud enough when you get on it, has a nice low growl... they do a good job giving you a quality can for an almost unbeatable price.

When in doubt... send it!

Last edited by ddipaola; 08-22-2018 at 09:00 AM.
post #5 of 7 Old 08-22-2018, 05:36 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

This is probably the most affordable option for a cat bypass:
Kawasaki ZX10R 2011-2015 Cat Eliminator Pipe [CA-00019] - $103.68 : Danmoto, Motorcycle Racing Parts & Accessories

It also comes with an O2 bung welded in (useful for dyno tuning) but didn't come with a plug. I went to local fastener company to find a galvanized bolt to plug the hole. However, it started corroding after a while (I ride in the rain a lot) and I found a stainless plug on ebay to replace it.

2013 ABS, Bridgestone T30 Evo, Woolich, Danmoto shorty & link, Rifleman's 1/5th turn, K&N, GP shift, Gen5 shock/links/dogbone, geared (-1/+0), Shorai, EBC HH, AllBallz roller steering, Ohlins NIX30, Lightech adjusters. Bestem carbon. 50,000km+ and good so far.
post #6 of 7 Old 08-23-2018, 10:07 AM
gaz
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

yes. no brainer, 20+ hp from a guhl flash with total stk exhaust, cat delete and slip on add 5 more. do the flash and enjoy the improved power/response/driveability.

Last edited by gaz; 08-23-2018 at 02:23 PM.
post #7 of 7 Old 08-23-2018, 08:41 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

If you are here in the states. You should be able to reflash the ECU to Euro specs. There shouldn't be a need to remove/modify anything to make it work. If you have a local tuner that does flashing, you could improve upon the stock mapping and maybe get better ridability out of the bike. This would be a good question for Archer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in