Gen1 Supercharger - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 38 Old 02-10-2019, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

I would love any details you might have lol.. I’m still trying to get all the original parts from someone I’ve never met. “Cyemm”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 Old 02-10-2019, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Once I get a new motor, that has the entire crank, I’ll begin mocking up ideas. Having the components will help me reverse engineer and model ideas with prints. I’m just wondering about the long term and if anyone has gotten extended usage from this type of setup.
post #23 of 38 Old 02-11-2019, 07:57 AM
gaz
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

can tell u if u reuse that head better get those valve guides checked very closley, valves bent that bad generally shift the guide slightley losing valve seal and guide prone to be cracked. once heated up, pieces of guide will come loose cause damage to valves, seats, piston and head. best to just replace head. suggest perf valve seat recut, and perf springs/retainers. at the least shimming valve springs if stk springs used.
SpazOnaZX and michael4012 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 38 Old 02-11-2019, 09:14 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Do you still have the bike? Did you throw in the towel on S/C’s?
I still have the Rotrex head unit and the bike, but I sold the pulleys (maybe to Jake?) & went down the turbo route instead. Honestly, I'm a lot happier with the results... the straight line performance of a turbo setup over the supercharged bike is incredible. The only way I'll do another supercharged set-up for myself is if the bike is strictly an in-town commuter or road course bike. I sure wouldn't mind having an H2 though... they executed that bike extremely well IMO.

Although, I do want to start playing with blowing through superchargers with turbos in compound set-ups.... that could be a lot of fun.... though that's likely something that I'll pursue with 4 wheels rather than 2.

Attack life... it's going to kill you anyway.

Last edited by SpazOnaZX; 02-11-2019 at 09:17 AM.
post #25 of 38 Old 02-11-2019, 09:21 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
O Iím just wondering about the long term and if anyone has gotten extended usage from this type of setup.
I had thousands of miles on mine with no real reliability issues. With good tuning and regular fuel system maintenance it should last as long as any normal bike... so long as you keep the perpendicular loads from the belt off the snout of the crank.

Attack life... it's going to kill you anyway.
post #26 of 38 Old 02-11-2019, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

I’m looking into financing the H2, because I’m in love with everything about it. Thanks for all the info, and I’m far too stubborn to give up, at this point. I just need the bracket and PTO, and nothing else concerns me at all. If anyone has any leftovers, in the form of mounting/PTO, I would be a buyer. No matter what charger or bike it’s for, it’s a starting point for me.
post #27 of 38 Old 02-11-2019, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

I’m selling/scrapping that entire engine.
post #28 of 38 Old 02-11-2019, 05:18 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz View Post
can tell u if u reuse that head better get those valve guides checked very closley, valves bent that bad generally shift the guide slightley losing valve seal and guide prone to be cracked. once heated up, pieces of guide will come loose cause damage to valves, seats, piston and head. best to just replace head. suggest perf valve seat recut, and perf springs/retainers. at the least shimming valve springs if stk springs used.
Boy gaz, you have learned a lot during your time sweeping the floors at Livengood Motorsports.

Last edited by Boxtradamus; 02-11-2019 at 05:20 PM.
post #29 of 38 Old 02-11-2019, 09:00 PM
gaz
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

luv u too box
Boxtradamus likes this.

Last edited by gaz; 02-11-2019 at 09:03 PM.
post #30 of 38 Old 02-13-2019, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

If you could explain how you built the PTO, that lasted thousands of miles, it would greatly appreciated. I have everything else covered
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in