Gen 5: Graves slip on settings for woolich - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-30-2019, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Gen 5: Graves slip on settings for woolich

Hello All,

Have a gen 5, have the woolich USB box, just pikced up a graves slip on, can anyone point me in the direction of a flash I can download, or what I have to do to "tune" for the slip on?

I will also be taking out the intake blade and all the things like people recommend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-30-2019, 07:52 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Slip on or 3/4 system? I don't think a slip on would make any difference whatsoever other than weight. There are maps on the woolich site for various combinations. The maps are customer submitted and the vetting process is unclear, so take them with a grain of salt. Also many of them reference a specific air filter and fuel octane. Read the notes. I'm brand new to woolich, so I'm learning this stuff as I go. I also noticed things in advanced settings like O2 sensor delete, pair delete, etc don't seem to stay in the bin file when it's downloaded from the woolich site and applied to your map. But I might be doing it wrong.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-30-2019, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
I'm only doing a slip on for now. I've tuned cars before, so at least I'm familiar with the whole process, I just dont know where to start with bikes and want to learn. I'm not a hardcore racer, just looking to do the usual mods and have a few innocent track days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-01-2019, 02:35 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but a slip on doesn't add power or need tuning so far as I know. You're better off spending the cash on a full body tattoo of a good looking person. At least I would be.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-01-2019, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
From what I've read if you do a cat delete/slip on, it requires a tune or it runs too rich...something along those lines.. Was just checking with the forum to make sure. When everything is fly by wire and electronically controlled it needs calibrated to run properly.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-01-2019, 11:42 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

We might be confused here. My gen 5 has a three piece. The headers, which look to have a cat welded to them under the engine, a mid pipe with a muffler that might have additional cats in it, and the end can (I call that a slip on) which is just a straight through tube for some additional noise abatement. If you get a straight through mid pipe to go with the slip on, what I called a 3/4 system, though really more like 2/3, then you'll have something to work with, not the least of which should be a properly sized O2 bung for fitting the woolich auto tune kit. If you don't want to go for the auto tune hardware, at least 2 maps can be had on the woolich mapshare page for a graves "3/4" system. Being a natural skeptic, I would want to ask Woolich their opinion of the effect that forward cat has on the accuracy of AFR readings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in