1Likes
  • 1 Post By Neonmarine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 03-17-2019, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Gen 5 GP shift issue

So my ECU has been flashed for a while with auto blip enabled. However, I just sent my ECU back out for another flash to smooth out the throttle but also have GP shift enabled. I converted my rearsets (Vortex) linkage over to GP. I just reinstalled the ECU today and now the quickshifter and autoblipper are not working. The quickshifter is enabled through dash. The bike will shift through the gears up and down but only with clutch.

Did I do something wrong or is my ecu still thinking it's in standard shift mode? I sent out ECU for GP shift and smoother throttle. Is there something I can do? I do not have woolich software.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-17-2019, 04:58 PM
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron

Posting Frequency

Garage
Your shifter needs to match the polarization of the sensor. At first you had the shift arm setup one way, then made a mechanical change without getting the ECU reversed too. Send the ECU back and have them flip the sensor in the system
michael4012 likes this.

"You must subsume yourself to the bike"-Casey Stoner

"Thereís a moment when a rider needs to stop thinking about technology and just twist the throttle."-Pit Beirer, KTM Motor Sport Director
post #3 of 9 Old 03-17-2019, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Thats why I sent out my ECU... to enable GP shift.

Is this what your saying I need to do? This is exactly what I did. Schnitz racing told me he activated GP shift and revised the throttle settings.

I made the mechanical change while waiting for ECU to come back. Maybe they forgot to enable GP?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 03-17-2019, 05:27 PM
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron

Posting Frequency

Garage
Thatís correct. Maybe I didnít make that clear.

"You must subsume yourself to the bike"-Casey Stoner

"Thereís a moment when a rider needs to stop thinking about technology and just twist the throttle."-Pit Beirer, KTM Motor Sport Director
post #5 of 9 Old 03-17-2019, 05:42 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Vortex 2.0 gp shift sets was made to work with ecu . There was no need to tell them to flip it.
post #6 of 9 Old 03-17-2019, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen4GTO View Post
Vortex 2.0 gp shift sets was made to work with ecu . There was no need to tell them to flip it.
I am just figuring this out! The lever on engine doesnt actually change it just adds a pivot point to change lever direction. Now that they enabled GP shift on ECU is there a way i can reverse this without sending it back out?
post #7 of 9 Old 03-17-2019, 05:50 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
No got to send it back out.
Due to the bulky senors you cant flip the shifter arm like we did on the gen4 bike.
post #8 of 9 Old 03-17-2019, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen4GTO View Post
No got to send it back out.
Due to the bulky senors you cant flip the shifter arm like we did on the gen4 bike.
Im going to see if I can flip the sensor. It is bulky but looks like I have enough wire to flip. If not then back out the ECU goes. Basically would I have them flash ECU back to standard shift pattern while keeping Vortex 2.0 rearsets set up for GP?

Thanks for the help man this is all making sense as I continue researching. Wish I would have realized how the design worked before I sent out ecu lol.. However, the throtte has smoothed out!
post #9 of 9 Old 03-20-2019, 10:05 AM
wes
Squid

Posting Frequency

so the transmission can be shifted either direction for down or up just the ecu tells it it's gp or stock, so no need for rearsets?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in