Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Gen 1

448 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  100KNinja 
#1 ·
Just wanted to post this in case none of the other GEN 1 guys are aware. Tried to order some OEM gaskets from Babbitts and Bikebandit because my stator burned up at the the end of last year and i'm tearing down to fix it. Also tried to order the little fairing piece on the tail section between the two seats as mine is getting kindda beat up looking with half broken tabs and so forth. I was informed that there is a national back order on the gaskets with no expected availability date and the little fairing piece is no longer being produced. Looks like Kawasaki is giving up on the GEN 1 boys. I think there's enough of them out there that someone will pick up the slack and start making reproduction OEM stuff for us but as of right now it may be hard to find parts for a while. Just wanted to put it out there. So before you do any major work make sure you can get the parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.