Gear Indicator Ready for Sale!! TRE or Normal units. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 169 Old 04-20-2006, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Gear Indicator Ready for Sale!! TRE or Normal units.

IT’S READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For anyone new to this Subject or the history behind it, then here is the original link on this forum: https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15365

Maybe we can use this thread also for tech support/information on the production units?

Finally tested a unit I am so satisfied with and put a stamp on to be mounted on my bike for GOOD AND SELL TO OTHERS!!!!!!

I now have the perfect LED installed (that was my last major hurdle). As you will see in the Videos I found out the Acumen has another fault….IT’S NOT THE BRIGHTEST LED IN DAYLIGHT compared too the one I have now. In the videos it was 76deg..and no clouds(in one video) high noon and sunny. It turns out the Acumen could barely be seen on my video camera as it is cheap and needs major light to record LED diplays or to be seen clearly by the video recorder. Well, turns out my LED display was bright enough to be seen very clearly, as you will see in the videos but the Acumen was barely visible. Also, not once in my ride around town yesterday did the LED get washed out by the SUN (all my original test units did).

So, I installed the unit and took major pictures during the install for future instructions or manuals to send out with the package. Instructions and or pictures for now I can send out in emails but don’t think it will take long for manuals as I have a very high end Laser Printer that is built just for that sort of thing anyway as they will come soon.

Video links: (Tip. If the video is cutting out save it to your Hard Drive.)

Final production test 1:

1. Today…some clouds

http://home.comcast.net/~zx10rvids/g...orfinal4Lq.wmv

yesterday….Sunny no clouds and bright

http://home.comcast.net/~zx10rvids/g...orfinal5hq.wmv

Package and Final install links:

http://home.comcast.net/~testvids/gear/DSC_3323.JPG

http://home.comcast.net/~testvids/gear/DSC_3387.JPG

http://home.comcast.net/~testvids/gear/DSC_3392.JPG

http://home.comcast.net/~testvids/gear/DSC_3393.JPG

Some basic information on the package itself:
All necessary wiring that needs to be done is a GROUND TAP, POWER TAP, and ONE WIRE TAP FROM THE ECU INPUTSIDE(PIN 12). PICS INCLUDED AND WIRING DIAGRAMS.

The package- Includes all necessary wiring and splices/attachments to do at least a rear seat/rear tail/side panel install or trunk installs and TAPS.

A front end only installation (everything in the nose area) is also possible but the one wire for the ECU TAP is not included at this time so you will have to route and cut/splice/crimp with your own supplied wire to the GEAR DISPLAY MOLEX CONNECTING WIRE.

PRICE AND AVAILIBILITY:

$125 for Package…$8 Priority shipping USPS(2-3days) to the lower 48 states only.(NO OVERSEAS SHIPMENT FOR THE FIRST 10 UNITS SOLD!!!!!!)

Payment: PayPal only for the fist 10 units sold…After that will accept money orders or check.

Guarantee: If you are totally unsatisfied with the Unit return it within 21 days for full refund(less return shipping costs). Full tech support through emails or if authorized via email will accept personal phone calls.

Warranty: Will replace or repair for 6 months starting at the date you received the Unit as verified by tracking #s(less return shipping).

Disclaimer: any LED can be washed out by the sun and even Acumen says on their website that they are not responsible if you can't see the display due to the SUN.

Now that all that technical stuff is out I need to mention a few things. lespaul66 I know I said I will let you have one of the first Units for testing a few months ago but everything has changed now as I am not making my own boards anymore and the price list has come up considerable to make a the product. So, I can’t really hand out boxes right now as I need to get some customers as testing has already been done on another zx10r with success.

What I really need right now is for the original 10 boards I have to help finance the next big order for all. I found out I can get a considerable discount for my original prototype board purchase, but it will have to be a big order(50 or more) and that cost money that I am not willing to get into right now until I see how the prototype sales go and how others report back from their evaluations of the product. To make sure there is no favorite call outs here I would like everyone that has been following this project that wants one to email me @ [email protected] or PM Me to get an Authorization to make a PayPal Payment for an order.

Ps….anyone that still wants the Acumen…mine(the one in the video) is for Sale. $110 shipped via USPS lower 48 states..original box and instructions included along with solderless cable extenstion/loom($40 retail just for the extension).

Last edited by bluedevil; 05-16-2006 at 07:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 169 Old 04-20-2006, 04:34 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Glad to hear you got it going and plan to buy one just got to get the finances in order.

04 Green ZX-10R, Evo II Header, Evo Canister, PCIIIUSB, BMC Race Filter, Vortex adj. Rearsets, Scorpio Alarm, Scotts Damper, Ivan's TRE, Ivan PCIII USB Map, Ivan's Kleen Block-Offs, Clear Alternatives Flush Mounts, Puig Double Bubble, Mirror Blocks, Sho-gun sliders, 1/5 throttle, Hot bodies fender eliminator, Goodridge SS lines, pazzo shorties and exhuast hanger.
post #3 of 169 Old 04-20-2006, 04:54 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I noticed in the pics that the display is not in a case. Where can we get the case/box to put the display into, if you have any recommendations?

"Any man who says he is an AMERICAN, but something else also, isn't an AMERICAN at all.
We have room for but one flag, the AMERICAN FLAG .... We have room for but one language here, and that is the ENGLISH LANGUAGE...
And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the AMERICAN PEOPLE" TR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 169 Old 04-20-2006, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecoast 10R
I noticed in the pics that the display is not in a case. Where can we get the case/box to put the display into, if you have any recommendations?
Good question. I never did find a good case for production but the display itself is solder to a board in the back and is tough. The plan was to use black silicone that covers the rear solder joints for now and around the wire so will be protected. Also, velcro will be supplied to mount to the instrument cluster.

Now with that said I made one up today myself out of a Network modular jack and the display fits perfectly in there if you use a dremel to remove the guts. I painted it black and sealed the back part with black silicone all the way to the heat shrink.

I got the Idea from ZX12rpiliot that made one for his aftermarket indicator(zx12r..different setup) and although he never showed me his pics I thank him.

What I did is split the modular in half and used a dremel to make it hollow,then sanded and painted it glossy black. After that inserted the display inside but not flush to the front as to give some shadding in front of the unit. After that applied the silicone in the rear and might be a good idea to apply a little clear silicone in the front(shadding area). We can get into that in much more detail later but just wanted you to know there are options.

Last edited by bluedevil; 04-20-2006 at 05:15 PM.
post #5 of 169 Old 04-20-2006, 06:15 PM
Hillbillie Mod

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to hillcountry10r
ok so I never kept up with the other thread really...too long...Im lazy...

But pardon me if Im wrong...

but cant you get a gear indicator for like 100...

what'd I miss...

For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil full of deadly poison.
James 3:7,8

post #6 of 169 Old 04-20-2006, 06:17 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Did you see in the vids that the accumen couldn't keep up with the one blued made? There was one time when it didn't know what to do. I would rather spend $20 more and get something that is quick and precise.

I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box.
post #7 of 169 Old 04-20-2006, 06:29 PM

Posting Frequency

i just keep up with what gear i am in ,in my head
post #8 of 169 Old 04-20-2006, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1killer1liter
Did you see in the vids that the accumen couldn't keep up with the one blued made? There was one time when it didn't know what to do. I would rather spend $20 more and get something that is quick and precise.

thanks killer...lol....sorry Hill was busy, just finished authorizing the first order.

but to be more specific besides what 1killer already said. There is outsourcing going on from an engineering design I made to make the circuit boards...that cost money. Then there is my time to solder all the components(many) and make cables. Obviously a big company is not willing to do it that way and thus the Acumen was born. A quick fix to make most bikes work with speed evaulation and RPM taps through programing. Problem is they take to long to learn what gear they are in for real time for a guy like yourself that switches gears to fast and there are delays..as you can see in the videos.

So, really a supply and demand thing right now...if the demand becomes so high the price might come down...it could also go up...to early to tell. yet.
post #9 of 169 Old 04-20-2006, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneradten
i just keep up with what gear i am in ,in my head
Well...gear indicators have many applications and everyrider rides differently.

You can go on Acumens website and they talked only about one reason I wanted one but found out many others love gear indicators for many others reasons.

My reason was to stop trying to go into seventh gear on the Hwy...I even got questioned by members here and obviously Acumen knew that was a issue too. Then they advertised about the wheelie guys...make sure your in the gear you should be in before you do one. And I imagine there may be many riding habbits out there that can use one. All I know personally...never realized how much I wanted one ..until I owned one.
post #10 of 169 Old 04-20-2006, 06:59 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Blue i reallllly want one of these but you know my question....shal i even ask...tre.....

I got tiered of buying go fast parts.... So i got a turbo! now i need go slow parts!
If it aint modded it aint yours!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in