Galfer HH Pads Squeak - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 11-29-2008, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to axo250
Galfer HH Pads Squeak

I ordered some Galfer lines and Galfer HH pads for the front and rear on the bike a little while back. Ever since I put them on I notice they squeak as I'm coming to a stop light or something where it's fairly gentle braking. They won't do it under hard braking. Any ideas to lessen or eliminate the noise? I'd like to just get rid of it permenantly if possible. It seems like I've heard of a grease at one point in time for car brakes but that doesn't seem like it would last.

"Besides, my ZX-10R eats GSX-Rs for breakfast." -- SportRider Magazine Article
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 11-29-2008, 11:31 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

its just the nature of the hh pad. my galfer hh pads and galfer wave rotors on my 636 do this pretty bad, but i got used to it.

2008 zx-10r: black cox racing guard, puig db, pipercross race filter, Akra EVO CZ, brocks strap, airbox silencers removed, champs chain adjusters, assorted Ti bolts, PCV, Auto tune

2003 636: akra EVO, kit ecu, bmc race, penske double, traxion forks, galfer rotors, pads, lines, puig db, race railz, factory pro velocity stacks, shift star kit, H.I.D projector retrofit, D.I.D evr3/ 14/40 stealth sprocket, vfx taillight, pc3
post #3 of 12 Old 11-29-2008, 11:32 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Mine did this as well but I can't remember for how long, it's gone now and the only noice my bike makes is from my right hand, and sometimes right foot. Then there is that occasional squeal from the front wheel bearings every so often.

At its core, the Ninja ZX-10R is a motorcycle built for the accomplished rider who can fully appreciate its capabilities--whether put to the test at a racetrack, or merely the focus of bench-racing conversation. It is, by all standards, the embodiment of the ultimate superbike.

Member of The Elite - Growler Group
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 11-30-2008, 11:44 AM
welds like he has palsy

Posting Frequency

Yup. Every Galfer pad I've heard squeaks. Let's you know they're working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green10 View Post
speakers on a zx10 is like shitting in your bathwater!!!
post #5 of 12 Old 11-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Custom Powder Coater

Posting Frequency

My ebc hh do this also
it gets annoying sometimes but watch gonna do

www.sportbikepc.com
Sport Bike Powder Coating,LLC
Custom Powder Coating & Authorized Dealer for:
ASV Levers,Brocks Performance,Carrozzeria Wheels,Core Moto Brake Lines, EarthX Batteries,Sato Racing, SuperSprox..
PM or [email protected] for pricing..
post #6 of 12 Old 12-01-2008, 07:33 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

What exact pads are you guys running? I put on, if I remember correctly, the 1375 HH Sintered pads with a ceramic backing to them and other than the squeaking during break in mine is gone completely and there's only that "occasional" high speed zing to them. BTW, those pads are ridiculous, talk about hauling ass from 180 mph back to the speed limit JUST like that. Could be the Nissin's and SS lines as well.

At its core, the Ninja ZX-10R is a motorcycle built for the accomplished rider who can fully appreciate its capabilities--whether put to the test at a racetrack, or merely the focus of bench-racing conversation. It is, by all standards, the embodiment of the ultimate superbike.

post #7 of 12 Old 12-01-2008, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I appreciate the input. I'm not sure what series I have exactly. I ordered them from Superbike Supply with the lines I bought. I paid a few extra bucks for them. If it helps they are solid gold. I get tired of the sqeaking noises but I may try to pull them off and put something on the backs of them to damp them a tad bit. All the squeak is is a high frequency vibration. After doing a little research this could also depend on the rotors. If I take them off and mess with them I will let ya'll know if there is any change.

post #8 of 12 Old 12-02-2008, 03:46 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Yo Derrick!
I put the same pads on a few months back and they did the same thing. Still do sometimes!
I just ignore it now.
post #9 of 12 Old 12-02-2008, 05:35 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I know sanding down the rotors was always a tip when putting on new pads, gets the material off from the old pads or something. I did it but never noticed a difference, I think it just went away after they got bedded in. You know the proper way to break in your brakes right? Use them HARD, at least that's how I've always done it, car/truck/bike and hever had problems with pads.

post #10 of 12 Old 12-02-2008, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Yeah I think I'm probably just gonna have to deal with it. Its not that huge of a deal just something I thought I might be able to fix easily. I still may try putting something on the back of the pads. I'm not too wild about putting that fluid actually in the pads. Sounds sketchy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in