G.I. Pro help needed - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 11-13-2008, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

G.I. Pro help needed

Installed the G.I. Pro with TRE on my 2005 ZX-10 and can't seem to get it to work properly. Once installed with the default settings, took for a test ride and shows 1st and 2nd gears fine but only sometimes 3rd and rarely 4th, 5th & 6th. It would even go dim and shut off momentarily when it would go as high as 5th or 6th gear showing.

I then did the self learning procedure per the instructions. Then back out for a test ride. Well...it was a little better but basically still same problem ie: shows wrong gear, etc..

So then I started over...double checked all connections which did result in finding that one of the plugs had one or more its wires not pushed in all the way. So I ensured that they all were then snapped all back together and then back out for a test ride after resetting back to the default settings.

Well....this time, it still had the same problems minus the dimming and shutting off and back on problem. So I then did the self learning procedure again then back out for another test ride. This time it was still having the same problem but just a little better.

I then e-mailed the tech support and gave the same description as above. The response was to check the connections, and even re-route the wires away from other cables and re-do the learning procedure....which I have'nt got around to doing yet.

Has anyone had any of these same problems ? and if so, what worked for you ? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks, Alex

Last edited by Ducati Killer; 11-13-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 11-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

When your doing the learning proceeder how are you doing it?
I get the best results by having the bike on my Vortex rear stand (sitting on the swingarm spools).Get on the bike and start it.Start the learning process. Shift thru the gears went they are displayed.Giving the engine just a little throttle in each gear to help the transmission shift.

05 green ZX10R,Akrappovic Evo 2 Carbon w/ hex shorty can full exhaust system,Power Commander USB,Radial front master cylinder(636),Goodridge front and rear carboline brake lines,07 CBR1000RR front brake calipers,Vesrah race front brake pads,Targa tail kit,flush mount front signals,Cabon fiber led rear signals,Ohlins steering dampers,-1 front,Speedo Healer, Pilot Power tires,Gipro Tre and gold Sato's rearsets.
post #3 of 22 Old 11-13-2008, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I was doing it with the ignition on but engine off...per the instructions while on the rear stand. To change into the gear being learned during the learning process, I just move the rear tire a bit while clicking the gear shifter by hand. This is how the instructions were laid out that came with the G.I. Pro. But it also says that you can also do it with the engine as you described.

I will give that a try and see what happens....thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 11-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

No problem.

05 green ZX10R,Akrappovic Evo 2 Carbon w/ hex shorty can full exhaust system,Power Commander USB,Radial front master cylinder(636),Goodridge front and rear carboline brake lines,07 CBR1000RR front brake calipers,Vesrah race front brake pads,Targa tail kit,flush mount front signals,Cabon fiber led rear signals,Ohlins steering dampers,-1 front,Speedo Healer, Pilot Power tires,Gipro Tre and gold Sato's rearsets.
post #5 of 22 Old 11-13-2008, 08:22 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Killer View Post
I was doing it with the ignition on but engine off...per the instructions while on the rear stand. To change into the gear being learned during the learning process, I just move the rear tire a bit while clicking the gear shifter by hand. This is how the instructions were laid out that came with the G.I. Pro. But it also says that you can also do it with the engine as you described.

I will give that a try and see what happens....thanks.
you need to do it with the rear tire moving....try to get to a least 4000rpms for each gear.

bloo
post #6 of 22 Old 11-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Postwhore with an 04

Posting Frequency

Yeah mine has never worked perfectly but I feel the tre aspect of it on my butt dyno and the gear indicator works most of the time.
post #7 of 22 Old 11-13-2008, 09:46 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
you need to do it with the rear tire moving....try to get to a least 4000rpms for each gear.

bloo
Hey blue I was just thinking about asking you that.I know you built your own.That's about how fast I been doing it at.I was just a little cautious to tell him first try to gas it,didn't want him flying off the stand.
So I guess the voltage the unit sees holds better with a little more RPM.I remember reading your post about how there isn't a big difference between gears
1st 3.0v
2nd 2.5v
3rd 2.0v
4th 1.5v
5th 1.1v
6th 0.7v if memory serves me right.

post #8 of 22 Old 11-13-2008, 09:52 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daves Cycles View Post
Hey blue I was just thinking about asking you that.I know you built your own.That's about how fast I been doing it at.I was just a little cautious to tell him first try to gas it,didn't want him flying off the stand.
So I guess the voltage the unit sees holds better with a little more RPM.I remember reading your post about how there isn't a big difference between gears
1st 3.0v
2nd 2.5v
3rd 2.0v
4th 1.5v
5th 1.1v
correct, but the 5th and 6th are the hardest so it's better to program with the vibrations of a sensitive Gear Switch in RPMs as there is little error in Voltage.
post #9 of 22 Old 11-13-2008, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Got out there and did it with the engine on while on the rear stand and that seems to have done the trick....thanks guys......
post #10 of 22 Old 11-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daves Cycles View Post
1st 3.0v
2nd 2.5v
3rd 2.0v
4th 1.5v
5th 1.1v
and to add my Gear Indicator there is no programing and may be selling one soon....it will read the voltages and display the Gear just like a GiPro but has a little less delay as it does NO sampling it only registers what the Voltage IS at that time based on the table you showed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in