Front end wants to tuck?? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 Old 02-08-2010, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Front end wants to tuck??

Hi guys, i've previously owned a 2008 zx10 so know how the bike rides, but can't get my new one to feel stable at low speeds. Feels like the front wants to fold in/ is oversteering in a big way on slow turns and roundabouts etc. I'm having to really countersteer to keep it on line. I've had a good 'play around' with the front susp settings (i'm not pro but have a good understanding) but nothing seems to cure this feeling. Anyone else had what i've described, and if so what did you do?? My first 08 zx10 never felt like this!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 Old 02-08-2010, 10:30 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

What is your air pressure set at?
post #3 of 39 Old 02-08-2010, 10:48 AM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwakkid View Post
Hi guys, i've previously owned a 2008 zx10 so know how the bike rides, but can't get my new one to feel stable at low speeds. Feels like the front wants to fold in/ is oversteering in a big way on slow turns and roundabouts etc. I'm having to really countersteer to keep it on line. I've had a good 'play around' with the front susp settings (i'm not pro but have a good understanding) but nothing seems to cure this feeling. Anyone else had what i've described, and if so what did you do?? My first 08 zx10 never felt like this!!
Might be a dumb question..but did you buy the bike new? If not, were there any geometrical changes made by the previous owner?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 Old 02-08-2010, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwaki View Post
What is your air pressure set at?
As per the handbook. 42/36. And i've checked them. Always run at the reccomended pressures on Corsa 3's and 2CT's with no probs
post #5 of 39 Old 02-08-2010, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Might be a dumb question..but did you buy the bike new? If not, were there any geometrical changes made by the previous owner?
Not a dumb question at all. I'm the 2nd owner and checked every single thing was stock the day i had it delivered. Previous guy didn't touch a thing.
post #6 of 39 Old 02-08-2010, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Am the 2nd owner but checked the bike the day i had it delivered to make sure it was 100% stock.
post #7 of 39 Old 02-08-2010, 11:16 AM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwakkid View Post
As per the handbook. 42/36. And i've checked them. Always run at the reccomended pressures on Corsa 3's and 2CT's with no probs
PSI is too high no matter what tire your running! lower it 5 PSI less depending on the tire brand, I run 2CT's on the street and run 31PSI front for hard riding.
Next how raised are your forks in the triples from the bottom of the cap {just the gold}i.e, how lowered is the front}} next what do you have your rebound set at? if it's too stiff you could be getting what is called "packing" that will make your font end tuck!
post #8 of 39 Old 02-08-2010, 11:19 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10Rracer View Post
PSI is too high no matter what tire your running! lower it 5 PSI less depending on the tire brand, I run 2CT's on the street and run 31PSI front for hard riding.
Next how raised are your forks in the triples from the bottom of the cap {just the gold}i.e, how lowered is the front}} next what do you have your rebound set at? if it's too stiff you could be getting what is called "packing" that will make your font end tuck!
That's where I was going with air pressure. I run even lower than that 29F 27R.

I thik before anything can be recommended please post up your current settings as well as weight and you can probably get some better feedback.

If you have nothing nice to say - "Shut the [email protected] up"
post #9 of 39 Old 02-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I had the same problem on Corsa 3's and it was an air pressure issue as other mentioned might be the case.
I set the front to 31 and it felt much better.

How many miles are on the tires?
post #10 of 39 Old 02-08-2010, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10Rracer View Post
Forks are set at standard height. I've not touched them (few mm showing) My rebound is 8 clicks out from fully seated and my compression is also standard. When you say too stiff, i assume you mean lack of damping so the forks are coming up too quick?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in