Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Front brake system replacement, master+calipers. (2007 zx10r)

Gen 2: 2006-07 
2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Kone35 
#1 ·
Hello, what do folks recommend for a bolt-on full front brake system replacement for a 2007 zx10r (including model/year for the parts)? (better braking and low maintenance + bolt on)

Reason: my 2007 zx10r front brake system recently started to get extremely soft when bike sits for a few days and it's time to treat myself to a new system after 12 years instead of debugging the old crufty one.

(I do not see any evidence of leaks and think this might as well be a good time to upgrade from stock calipers and master and just redo the entire system now that the bike is holy cow 12 years old! :) )

#4 ·
For street and slow-moderate track, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the stock setup mc and calipers if it`s working as it should. Get a rebuild kit instead of bying something else that may need service. Throw in a pair of braided lines and new good pads. All you need. My opinion anyway.

#5 ·
Lots of threads on this, but.....

Here's my set up on my gen 2. I think it's about
everything I can do before upping the budget.

With the following mods I can now get through
a 20 minute track session with no fade.

later model rotors 300mm -> 310mm
converted them to full floating
Nissin Calipers with 5mm spacers
Vesrah pads
braided lines
Motul fluid
Stock Nissin MC

Attachments

#6 ·
Stock master....or 05 up R1 master, braided lines, 12 cbr 1000r monobloc calipers, pads of your choice. Night and day difference bro. I run the R1 master. The 10r master is good with a clean, rebuild, and Teflon tape on the nipple. Just make sure that you bleed the crap out of it. Don't know why, but the stock mc traps a lot of air.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.