Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Found a few things with 08 swingarm swap.

Gen 1: 2004-05 
2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  1killer1liter 
#1 ·
With the Attack rearsets, the left heel guard interferes with the arm.
I had to raise the bike up quite a bit due to the hugger hitting the undertray and various other small ailments that I don't want to have problems with.
The swingarm is a little wider.
The swingarm is slightly shorter. I was running a 112 link chain and now only need to use a 110.
The 06-07 rear caliper mount is identical to the 08.
The 04 shock fits perfectly, even lowered.
When I took the 04 shock and the 04 arm off, I noticed that they were contacting one another, probably due to the bike being lowered and launching at the strip.

#2 ·
You should look on ebay for some CF heel guards for the other gens. They are cheap enough and plenty of different styles to choose and match up for your needs.
So much for a winter project. Couldn't wait, huh? Lol.

#3 ·
It's been calling my name since summer. Drag strip is closed, so I figured what the hell. I think I'm going to shim the current heel guard and see if I can get it to work. If not, I'll just sell my rearsets and get something else.

#8 ·
Just looks and to be a little different. I picked up the arm for a steal (you would all be pissed at me if I told you what I payed) and decided to put it on. I'll see how the setup works at the strip next year when it opens.

#6 ·
Interested in doing this for my Gen 1 track bike.
Got any pictures?
Did it slot straight in or did you need spacers?

#7 ·
Went straight together like it was meant to be on the gen 1. Reused the gen 1 hardware with NO issues.

#9 ·
Yep, ive notice a couple of those things too.
The heal guard from my gilles had to be trimmed on the left side because it also would hit the arm.
I also had to take a cpule link off the chain.
But if the bike is stock height (as it should :heyyou:) you will have no problems with the hugger.

Oh mine i used the stock caliper mount.
And used both shocks too, they both work.

The problem with the shocks is if you have aftermarket ones, sometimes the reservoir for the 04/05 will hit the 3rd gen arm.

#10 ·
But if the bike is stock height (as it should :heyyou:) you will have no problems with the hugger.
Not into corners after wrecking my zx6r. I like to go fast in a straight line.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.